Ranked Skywars for equality

Ranked skywars is really needed because :

• Players like myself who are good at the game need better competition so we dont get bored and abuse the newer ones.
  • new players and others who are not good at the game can be matched together so that they can practice and increase rank.

the idea is to have a starting match to determine their skill, and then players will be matched on this basis.

i wouldnt recommend using the level as a determiner because hive+ players get free xp levels all the time cause they get +50% levels.

you might use the k/d ratio but its kind of unfair to those who dont kill all the time.

6 Likes

Hey there! I can see why some might like this, but I worry that this could cause toxicity among players criticizing others who don’t qualify for ranked SkyWars etc. This game mode would probably be predominantly made up of PC/Console players, as mobile players usually are at a disadvantage compared to other platforms. I don’t think the Hive would want to add a game/variation that would basically only be for specific platforms. What do the rest of you think. :thinking:

4 Likes

but, the other platform players will be matched with those who are at equal rank, even though it might create a sense of inferiority, they will be able to compete fairly, and in the end they just might have to accept the fact that they are at a low rank and need to practice more… im no one to speak on their behalf, so it would be great if some pocket edition players also expressed their views on this suggestion.

4 Likes

i have a few pe playing friends myself, they have like 4 wins in solos, but their level is high. they never win because the opponents have an advantage, and yes there are pe players who are pretty good that is why i believe ranked is necessary. this is just my opinion, im no one to judge others.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I think I misunderstood your post and thought that there would only be one ranked variation for only one group of players. I agree with this now, sorry for that. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I feel like queue times would be long if you were to be someone who grinds it out

6 Likes

If the hive is against adding winstreaks because of toxicity, I doubt they’ll be willing to add a ranked gamemode.

I think there are other factors to consider, but isn’t ranked skywars on hypixel notorious for being toxic?

5 Likes

But what if I like playing against bad players

3 Likes

Don’t play ranked then easy

5 Likes

its about how people take it. those with lower rank should take it as an opportunity to get better, not as an insult, and those with higher rank will be properly matched and they would have legit opponents. also, i was discussing this on the discord server with some other players, and a developer popped in on the conversation and said they “might” add ranked. of course this doesnt mean much but i strongly believe that we as a community can prevent toxicity.

5 Likes

But then I want a challenge lol. Solo is somewhat challenging trying not to get cleaned but when there is no one good ez wins

2 Likes

Personally I’m not against adding ranked. I just wouldn’t understand why the Hive would be afraid of winstreaks causing toxicity, but not a ranked gamemode.

Maybe the statement about winstreaks causing toxicity was made in the past and now they’ve changed their minds, which would be great.

1 Like

I think this is cool and all, but it comes with a few flaws. My friends play on pocket edition and some of them aren’t the best at Skywars. Since if we’re playing the Hive, we’re playing together, we usually make a party to play trios or squads. If ranked skywars came into effect, how would this situation be handled? If we go to a low rank server, I’ll have a huge advantage. If we go to a high rank server, my friends would be eliminated quickly every time, and that gives my team a disadvantage.

Also, if I play a game of random teams, I don’t know who I’m playing with. Then, if he and I don’t work together well, my rank will drop.

There are also some people who intentionally lose games to drop to a lower rank just for the purpose of grinding XP against some of the worse players.

3 Likes

I’d be ok with like a whole separate ranked mode, with elo and stuff like that, but if you made queues skill based I feel like this would kinda reward people for being… let’s just say, subpar, at the game. Then somewhat punish people for being skilled, which means the skilled players get mad and you could end up in a situation where a ton of them start closet cheating, or some just straight up quit etc. etc.

I for one would genuinely just start using alts for everything, as my main wouldn’t make sense to play on since I’d be punished for accomplishing things on there, also are @DairyProducts said, this could mess up parties where the skill gap is kinda high between members.

As a whole separate mode this works, but I interpet that OP seems to want this server-wide, fortnite tried this and look at it now, they tried so hard to appease the new players they drove away a decent chunk of competitive players. If hive did this I don’t see it being any different

i am a mobile player and i find it very annoying loading into games just to be instantly killed and fully support the idea for combat games to have differrent device games.

im a mobile player and think we shouldn’t add ranked just should add each different device has their own games

They’re already testing the new match making with touch and non touch players.

2 Likes

while playing in parties, if the members are of different ranks they would be sent to normal mode, if members are of same rank, they can probably play together.

i agree platform based match making really helps but even now, there’s a huge skill gap between players. lets just for instance take a look at java edition. they have ranked because people are good and bad, new and og at the game.
not everyone in the same platform is at the same skill level.
some can combo, w-tap, some use their own skill to defeat players, some use traps to win. they’re all different, but same platform. ranked has more plus points than flaws imo.

1 Like

So I hear a lot of people are saying it’s unfair to mobile, what about making a rank for people who can go against others on their OWN platform
*Universal Rank
*Platform Rank
So mobile players can go against mobile players, etc