Australian Server Region

Idea:
I think we need an Australian server region.

More info:
This is similar to this post but that is old and not in the suggestions, so I decided to make a new topic.

Right now I have 280ms ping to the nearest server, NA. I have Ethernet and have done everything I can to improve ping.

In Survival Games & Treasure Wars fights come down to luck with your connection, considering you are always a significant time behind your opponent’s screen.
In Ground Wars & Murder Mystery it is hard to aim because shots aren’t registered for quite a while.
In Death Run speed and jump boost is always late.
In Treasure Wars I also can’t sumo because my knockback is all weird because of my ping.

8 Likes

I would be for this but the hive would need to evaluate if enough of its players live in Australia.
Like I live in the U.S but still

5 Likes

I said this to splodger on discord and he said that it would probably just a waste of money as the player base wouldn’t be big… I am half and half with this one as most of my friends would play on NA then I would be on AU (i live in nz) @kaiurii also suffers the ping but everything is smooth for me but the problem comes in DR. it’s kinda late but not too bad. So yeah

6 Likes

They would need to apply an upside down resource pack to all the non-Australians.

28 Likes

I agree that the amount of players that will play on this server will have a big impact on whether we get this or not.

Rather then creating a whole new region maybe it would be better to have things like knock back calculated on the server software rather than the client, however this would use a lot more resources.

The server also feels more responsive when less players are on the server. I have not noticed a difference in ping but hits and knockback feel much better when less players are online.

I did another ping test and well it only gets worse.

3 Likes

canada

2 Likes

Probs america, but i maybe wrong

1 Like

No it is Canada, hence the ip ca.hivebedrock.network

california lol

yes i think this is true as when i play on NA servers i always lag and cant hit my opponent thank you for thinking of this!

P.S
The region should be called (Oceania)

2 Likes

SUPER MEGA BUMP OF DOOM

I’ve only just discovered this now, 7 months later, and I think it would still be a good idea today. I have recently(ish) started DeathRun speedrunning and the community has several australians within it, who are limited by their ping; however, as @St1ick tells me it affects many other things. I also know of several other forumers who live in Oceania, and, while It wouldn’t be the most active region I still feel like it is needed, and I am bumping to bring this to more people’s attention. Sorry everyone who received a notif :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

I feel as if there needs to be a little bit more of a demand for it.
The Hive doesn’t want to implement a large feature like this to lose money.

4 Likes

its not just speedrunning. if you try to use the shop quickly in treasure wars in the na servers, with your 200 ping, you will be slow

I moved to asia because of this but its still 123 and there are a [quack] ton of hackers

ive never experienced anything under 120 ping :pensive:

3 Likes

is this something im too mobile to understand??

3 Likes

i cant tell if your joking now lmaoo

just if you go quick to blocks and all

also you can do the shop glitch quite easily with 200 ping and animations off :grimacing:

yes, i know that orbi thanks

1 Like

I believe Stick was just referring to that it is slow as you open the shop.

The shop-glitch is bug/glitch abusing. Not allowed.

2 Likes

ohhhhhhhhhhh

i though he meant how if you spam click you can somehow buy lots of stuff in a short amount of time; on mobile it takes a second for each purchase as it fsr slides in and out. lll send vid if i remember

1 Like

those are animations

you can turn those off in the settings (if that what you meant)

1 Like

If they add this they should probably add a “Middle East and India” region and an African region (located in South Africa, people north would connect to the Middle East).

I’m not in Australia… but I still think this should be added

1 Like