AU Region/Servers

Permanent Australian servers

Australian Region should be permanent so we can also enjoy good ping

After hive added AU servers I went from 250 ping NA-10 ping AU and I’m sure it was the same for many other players… we have a major disadvantage playing on any other region so I definitely think it should be a priority for hive to permanently add AU servers

In twars there’s a major delay when buying items

There’s also hella hit delay and many more things

Hey there! Welcome to the forums! :blobheart:
We really appreciate you taking the time to make a suggestion, but unfortunately an Oceanic region has been suggested before. I recommend taking a look at this post which outlines some fundamental guidelines regarding making a suggestion. You can find the original suggestion right here .

2 Likes

i just feel like adding it and then removing it really got some of our hopes up

The Oceanic region was purely a testing region to test and improve automated scaling and stability systems. As stated on the initial Hive Bedrock updates post, The Hive had no intention to permanently establish the region.

I’d wish it come out permanently cuz just like u I get bad ping since I live near Aussie. Tho it was just a test and they wont be adding it anytime soon ):

3 Likes

#JusticeForAU

5 Likes

In my opinion, the hive team did Australia dirty
They didn’t tell people in-game about it.
they didn’t put the server in the region selection screen.
And players weren’t automatically sent there.
Of course the Australia Region Test wouldn’t have went well, the hive pretty much didn’t tell players about it ingame, and those who knew about it, by the time they joined, it was already too late.
Consoles players might have been pretty much locked out of it.
Games took forever to start.

They need to do a second test in my opinion, With it being a option in the region selection.
And Mailbot telling you about the region.

#JusticeForAU

5 Likes

That’s not what the point of the test was, even if it did really well, they would’ve taken it down(but maybe they would’ve had more discussions about adding one, but still, not making a decision immediately).

It was to “test and improve automated scaling and stability systems”(directly from Australia Testing Region - Hive Bedrock Edition updates (playhive.com), the post announcing it).

This wasn’t a test to see if an Australia region was viable - we know it isn’t. The first 3 points were simply to not make it feel permanent - because it wasn’t. The final point: anyone that had proper DNS settings was sent there (else it wouldn’t have had any players…).

It isn’t economical for Minecraft servers to host in the Asia/Oceanic regions. We take the financial hit with the Asia region as it does have quite the audience, and the latency from central Asia to either Europe or America is huge (a lot bigger than Australia to Asia (well, Singapore).

The announcement post was completely to the point: we were testing infrastructure updates that will be brought to other regions to handle player increases better. Australia was picked as it made the most sense for a bunch of factors:

• hosting the test on the USA westcoast would bring in too many players
  • hosting it in a secondary EU region would be useless (the continent is just too small)
  • we have no datacenters we can use in South America, Africa, or elsewhere in Asia

Even ignoring the financials, there is no base for a permanent Australian region. We don’t need a test region to know the audience size - we know percentually where Minecraft multiplayer users are from, and it isn’t enough. The region might be back in the future if we need load balancing for events, but until we’re a 100K+ concurrent network, it won’t be back.

We didn’t do anyone dirty - we were completely honest and direct in our announcement, and people chose to ignore it and create their own narrative.

13 Likes

Duplicate suggestion