Australian Server Region

Asia works fine for that at least i think and africa needs one ping wise but does it really need it? Like are there many people who play in africa?

I probably sound so biased and I just want a australian region. that’s not what I mean

1 Like

Asia is the worst for me at least, in the middle east, honestly the servers are in awkward places because they are at the edges of the edges of the continents instead of the center.

2 Likes

I feel like if they considered it they’d have to make a huge poll like how they did to decide which game would get custom servers next, to see if enough people would play on it

1 Like

I support this lots! Playing on Java (which is technically an EU server) I can’t help but see a lot of Australian players suffer from serious lag, AS/EU are too far from Australia to provide a decent ping/latency, and the NA region is just a joke for that.

1 Like

isnt AS based in singapore tho

1 Like

This is a good idea but I feel like it won’t happen any time soon as the economy isn’t doing very well right now and servers cost money. An Australian region would be by far the least played on region so paying all that money right now would most likely be a waste of money for the hive and could even make it so that they have to shut down all servers if they do that right now, but if the economy starts getting better then I feel like this would be a good idea for The Hive as The Hive is considered by most people to be the best server on Bedrock Edition.

Agreed I think that would be good

How did you find out your ping?

please dont nerco post

anyway

go to cmd (command prompt) and then type ping hivebedrock.asia for the asia region
or ping hivebedrock.us for the north american region
or hivebedrock.eu for the european region

2 Likes

I am the same I get 124 ping on Asia region I’m from new Zealand

1 Like

Even if you are not in Australia, please vote for this. For one thing, it is just nice to make another player’s experience better, and for another, it will help you as well. Have you ever not been able to hit somebody because they were lagging like they were on another planet? Well this would fix that.

2 Likes

Yes but this could be for both New Zealander and Australians and we dont have the best connections to really any server featured on Minecraft and The Hive is on of the best server up there at the moment so please do think about it a lot of people in Australia and New Zealand play this server and it could help our lag problems so much

Even just getting false banned because of lag.

Agree or maybe Oceania instead of Australia? Although I don’t live in Oceania but still I agree

1 Like

A server based in Australia would likely be called Oceania if that’s what you’re saying

1 Like

Definitely agree! Here is my vote.

:beedance: :beedance: :beedance: :beedance: :beedance: :beedance: :beedance: :beedance: :beedance:

1 Like

Yes I am from new Zealand too and I get a average 124 to 150 ping on the Asia region and for me I still get block glitched

1 Like

I’m going to bump this because i’m afraid that Australians are going to be in asia region games, because of a lack of an oceanic region with the upcoming region agnostic update!

2 Likes

I would like to point out that for the people in Australia and New Zealand (ik quite a few people from there who play on the hive), when on asia servers some get like 200 ping (unplayable by a few hundred ping) and every other region is much much worse. I believe that if hive added Australian servers they’d see more players join from that region to offset the cost.

The only other potential downside would be the decrease of players on the Asia region possibly messing with the dynamic queueing stuff or pbmm.

anyways, voted!

1 Like

yeah, i feel like asia region in the region agnostic update (assuming there’s 2 general regions) is going to have an unplayable amount of players.
Like even now asia region has very few players and if the Australians weren’t adding to that then it would be unplayable!

If they make asia players also play with us, eu and oc players it will be mostly english chat and asians (ppl in asia region) will have no way to talk to others.

2 Likes

If someone from Australia or New Zealand is getting 200 ping on Asia servers, there must be something wrong with their internet.

Honestly, now that I think of it, an Oceania region isn’t really needed. 123 ping is bearable and with bedrock server popularity declining, there won’t be many people on Oceania, even at peak times.