The Quest Master Update *Concept*

Hello! Happy 2022 to all of you! Hope you have an amazing year ahead :mailbot: :fireworks:

Today I bring you another concept with some suggestions for the Quests V2, one of Trello’s plans that The Hive seem to be working on.
Hope you like it. :cubee:

The Perk Shop :convenience_store:

It would be really cool to have a shop to buy items to help us with certain things. It could be a separated store with a item that switch to each other every two days, like an item rotation. It could replace XP Boost place.
Below, I’ll give some examples of some perks that could be purchased, as well as explanations for each of them!

Bee Holiday! :calendar:
This perk can help you a lot if you are trying to maintain a streak login. If you forgot to log in one day, this item would activate and save you: it would count as if you had entered the day, even though you hadn’t.
~ It has a purchase limit, if you already have one in your inventory, you can’t buy another one.
~ 1000 QP
~ A message appears in the chat for you when it is used.

XP Booster v1 :cloud_with_lightning:
This is the xp boost that is already part of the stuff you can buy with QP these days. It would be part of the rotations and it’s place would be replaced by the store itself.
~ 200QP
~ +50% XP
~ Can be purchased infinite times.

XP Booster v2 :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:
It’s the same thing as 200QP XP Boost, but instead of increasing the xp level by 50%, it would increase by 100%.
~ 500QP
~ +100% XP
~ Can be purchased in a limit of 5.

The Multiplier Device :vhs:
A strange device that multiplies all QP gain by 2 days.
~ 300QP
~ It has a purchase limit, if you already have one in your inventory, you can’t buy another one.
~ Legendary perk, rarely returns to the store.

The Vote Pass :page_with_curl:
A pass imprinted by the Mailbot himself using metallic sheets produced using crystals from an underwater cave :pick:
Can be used to have an extra vote for maps. If you are regular rank your vote will be worth 2, if you are Hive Plus your vote will be worth 3.
~ 250QP
~ Can be purchased in a limit of 2.

Backstage Ticket :tickets:
A ticket that allows you to use Hive Replay Cinema for 1 replay.
~ 600QP
~ Can be purchased in a limit of 1
~ Legendary perk, rarely returns to the store.

→ The Rival Store :credit_card:

It would be fun to have an opposing store from Quest Master, which is managed by one and only Tim! Over the course of updates, we could see a rivalry going on between them… as if one were trying to sabotage the other.
He would sell items like avatars, hub-titles and in-game cosmetics like treasures, gravestones, etc…

→ The Safe Box :mailbox:

A safe box that players could store as much QP as they want over time. By the end of the year, the entire amount of XP accumulated within the safe box during the year would explode in the sky and be distributed to everyone. I think it would be really fun.

These are some of the suggestions that I think would be nice to add to Quest V2. I hope you enjoyed. Leaving a comment saying what you think would make me very happy, it would be really nice to hear your feedback!

I’ll try to post here in the forums every week. Last week I made a post about a bundle with the theme “jobs”, if you’re interested, I would be very happy if you would cast a vote there!

Thanks for reading! :beedance:

Edit #1
  • Changed the duration of the Multiplier Device from 1 to 2 days, making adjustments so that the QP gain is greater than the cost of the perk.
  • Changed the price of the Vote Pass from 100QP to 250QP
  • Changed the purchase limit of the Vote Pass from 3 to 2
  • Changed the duration of the Backstage Ticket from 1 hour to 1 replay.
  • XP Boost V2 isn’t a legendary perk anymore.
  • Text Changes
19 Likes

These ideas are really cool! I like all of them, but here are a few that could use some work:

This is would be cool, but I think it should be “View one replay” instead of “1 hour of Replay Cinema”. Also this would be useless to people that already own Replay Cinema. Maybe it could do something else for them? I don’t know, but this one might not be good for a lot of players.

This should be 700 qp. 300 is wayyyyy too op

This should be at least 300 qp. It would be really annoying if people got 10 extra votes.

I really like all of these ideas, those are just a few that need some change :))

1 Like

Just don’t spend your points on this perk, they cycle every two days (as OP said), so you won’t have to wait long

Do you even know how QP works? At the max right now (biggest rewarding quests, hive+), you could get 140 per day. That’s only one vote pass, and it has a one time, singular usage.

If you don’t like the map, re-queue, or deal with it. This item is for personal gain.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your answer! I really appreciate it!

I may will be making some changes on the Backstage Ticket and the The Vote Pass!

But I don’t think there is a need to change the Multiplier Device, after all the maximum possible QP gain without Hive+ is now 100QP, which is less than its price. So I don’t think it’s worth buying something that will get you back for less than you spent, so I think 300 is a good price.

Thanks for the feedback, again :beedance:
I really really appreciate it!

1 Like

Hmmm… Thinking more about the Multiplier Device, its price might have to be lowered or it might be removed.
I will think about how to fix this! Any ideas are welcome, thanks!

1 Like

I made some changes to the text, making some things better. Thanks for your ideas!

I disagree only with the Bee Holiday idea. It kinda ruins the point of “login”. Anyways, excluding that, everything is fire! :fire:

Also:

This can be called “XP Booster” and have a green icon/model

This one can be called “XP Booster Ultra” and have the same model as the normal one, but instead of green, it would be a gradient from blue to purple. :thinking:

I voted for this

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for your opinion, I’m very happy with it :cubee:

I understand what you said about Login Streak, but I put it just thinking that we can’t always login, situations happen and can make us lose it, I put this perk thinking about it.

About the Boosters, you suggested some really cool names! I really thought the names of the XP Boosters were pretty dull compared to the names of the other items. But these names you suggested are really good! :o

And about their icons, it helps me a lot about the next edit that I’m going to do in the post, which is talking about the item icons :+1:

Thank you again for your vote! :mailbot:

1 Like

:beedance: How do u get that mailbot emoji? :mailbot: :splodger:

Just type “: mailbot :”
But with the word stuck in the colon and without the quotes, of course!
:mailbot: :mailbot: :mailbot:

1 Like

I think this is a very good suggestion, the XP booster v2 should be renamed like said above

Other than that this looks good!

1 Like

Yes, I will be making some changes in the next hours. I really liked it either.

you really liked it?

nice!

1 Like

Yes, the name thing.

1 Like

Oh ok, well yeah :slightly_smiling_face:

This is a cool Idea I have voted
:beedance:
:splodger:
:mailbot:

1 Like

login streak saver is a big no.
everything else is good, but there are lesser things so that they can rotate every 2 days, maybe add more. (Idk if you will be adding more)

Oh wow, these are all amazing!
Although, I’m a bit confused. Does Tim sell cosmetics that already exist, or unique ones?

Thanks for your vote, I’m very happy with it! :smiley:

1 Like

I wasn’t planning on doing any more, but I might try to do a part two of this post with more ideas in the future :mailbot:

1 Like