Show players' health

Idea:
Showing player health

More information:

You should be able to see the health of people close to you under their name tag so that you can know if they are low on health and you can kill them easily, or when you’re in a fight, know if your opponent is close to dying.
This should apply to treasure wars, skywars, survival games and maybe hide and seek.

(Before anyone says this is already a suggestion, this is different from this.)

5 Likes

Gonna bump this so we can get some discussion from newer members. :+1:

24 Likes

Great idea to bump this because seeing players health is a great idea and this prevents duplicate posts on this object (as we saw earlier today)

11 Likes

Pasting my suggestion here since my old post was taken down :frowning:

As you may know, a new health indicator pack has been going around the Hive’s competitive community today, and it was deemed an unfair advantage by Hive and some players.
I can understand where they came from with that, but that also makes me want a Health Indicator system on The Hive. It’s more of a Quality of Life update than a necessary one, but I don’t see why Hive can’t have a Health Indicator that is server-side and everyone can see.
Most popular PvP servers on bedrock already have indicators that everyone can see, and even the most popular Java servers also use Health Indicators too, the most popular server on Java (Hypixel) already has health indicators too, and I think the most popular server on Bedrock (currently The Hive) should have it too.
Since the lobby uses tons of entities and it may be hard to program it so it doesn’t show on all entities, you can enable for PVP only game-modes, like Skywars, Treasure Wars, and Survival Games.
It would be nice to know the health of my opponent when engaging in melee fights as there’s no health indicator for that, so it’s basically a guessing game with how low they are and if you can outlast them or if you need to run and heal. Yes, you can learn about certain Melee interaction patterns and use maths to calculate how much damage you’ve done/are doing, but with how you can heal in sky-wars in a variety of ways, it would be a challenge to not only keep track of that, AND also fight them simultaneously.
I hope Hive considers this and possibly implements it in a later update, no matter how long that may be. :smiley:

12 Likes

I think this is a great idea, but maybe hide it when sneaking?

4 Likes

I think a system like arrow health would be easiest to make but not everyone has chat on.

3 Likes

I think that would get a little bit spammy because people hit each other a lot. It being under a player’s name is the most convenient way to do it in my opinion.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s how it should be just the easiest way.

1 Like

I think it would be more of an issue as people would just try to run as they compared their own health to the person they’re fighting, and it would probably make games last longer then they should

3 Likes

Well I think there is a bunch of people using a health indicator pack which allows them to see other players’ health, it’d be much better if everyone had that than only people on mobile and pc.

3 Likes

They already have it in sg and the problem doesn’t happen there. It would be a nice feature to add to skywars alongside a health indicator.

1 Like

I don’t play SG too much but I’ve played it enough to knoe that you don’t get a message every time you hit someone with an axe.

1 Like

I think you’ve misread lol

1 Like

No, I think that’s what he meant? Idk

Can you explain it to me plz.

1 Like

Like when you hit someone with a bow and it tells you their health, I’m saying that’s easier than putting up a sign, so I don’t mean the shape arrows.

2 Likes

Arrow health is already a thing… lol

2 Likes

It is and I was meaning that hive could put that in for general attacks

1 Like

Not what you said lol

2 Likes

I think I woke up too early today or something, how did I forget that lol

2 Likes

That is a great idea and you got my vote but as of my expiriance going back and forth to several servers who have this option added to their games I’d say I didn’t had the best expiriance, the health indicator was buggy in all of them it’s really messy.

1 Like