Add a one day cooldown for new users

Title. All the new users that come on to the forums come to make a suggestion, and never come back. I think there should be a 1-2 day cooldown for new users to make topics/suggestions, and an added incentive to read the rules before posting.

edit: topics like #server-bug-reports would be excluded. i would add #help-me, but if they add ingame forum rewards, and players dont get them when joining, people would bombard #help-me with questions such as “i DIDNT GET MY HUB TITLE”

I’m netural on this, on one side this could be discouraging, however it could really help people learn a bit about stuff

9 Likes

Or make them have to read stuff for a bit, which I think is a discourse feature

3 Likes

One or 2 days is too long. 10 minutes would do

1 Like

there already is a 10min cooldown

6 Likes

yeah I’ve seen old posts and someone was asking for admin lmao and they got a no and never came back… Dang what a good hive player who definitely want’s to help the community lmao

4 Likes

does this already exist in Discourse?
just asking because if it doesn’t you’d have to suggest that at the forums for discourse.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty sure there is already a plugin for that cooldown and Hive doesn’t need to create one.

2 Likes

What I think would do is a minimum post counter before you can make suggestions/vote.

4 Likes

i feel like this wouldn’t necessarily work because they could just go farm posts in all the forums games (i.e last to post wins, ban the person above you, etc) then go ahead and make a duplicate suggestion w/o reading the rules

1 Like

yeah thats why it would only count for suggestions and stuff

wait lemme bump something rq

this is why this needs to be added

8 Likes

No, no, no. I swear if this rule was implemented when I first joined the forums, I would be furious.
lol I joined the forums just to ask a question then just got addicted to helping out! :blush:

Wait, this is a necropost? It said 14 days later but I’m so sorry. :expressionless:

yes it should be implemented, most dupe suggestions are from people who joined that day and this would force them to get familliar with the forums. They could always ask the question in a topic like Last to post wins

7 Likes

But what about if they need to post something in #help-me or #server-bug-reports or #games quickly? Like me :sob:.

#help-me and #server-bug-reports would probably be excluded

10 Likes

Now I 80% support. You earn a vote lol
@unikern You should add the exclutions.

1 Like

Bump cause some guy is topic spamming and we need this

5 Likes

Hmmmm, I wonder who that could have been :thinking:

But isn’t there already a 24 hour cooldown after posting like 2-5 posts?