Some suggestions to prevent necroposting

Idea:

Automatically lock posts after a period of time, add a warning before people post on old posts and don’t put year-old posts at the recommended at the bottom

More information:

Just, that. These are easy ways to stop accidental necroposting, which is quite literally the bane of the existence of the skyblock forums. I thought I might as well bring these suggestions here :slight_smile:

There IS a plug-in for post auto-closing that could use though. I’m not sure what the name is, but I just know it exists.

I know necro-posting is allowed for suggestions if you have something to add on to the discussion, so I don’t think all old posts should be locked. Having a warning would be a good idea though.

6 Likes

Well that’s pretty great, hope they can add that

The warning would definitely be a better solution, yeah

3 Likes

it does give you a warning. after all, if you see a post necroed (necroint only counts if its not in #off-topic-and-forums-games and if it doesn’t add something useful to the conversation) just flag it or ping holly or someone to lock it

1 Like

That’s what’s supposed to happen, but I’ve seen people bot forums with necroposts and this would prevent it from happening in the first place.

1 Like

see this

1 Like

So I’m guessing if a new player wants to bring a topic back to perspective with new and engaging points they will have to make a new post?

Making a new post for the same point is pointless if there’s an old one you can continue the discussion on. What your idea does is force everyone to make a new post if they ever want to talk about the same topic again, causing an overflow of duplicate threads.

1 Like

Just wait until someone necroposts on this topic :joy:

1 Like

The problem with locking threads is you can’t vote on locked threads. If they change that, I’d be fine with locking

3 Likes

Suggestions should be necroable unless they aren’t valid anymore, in which case they should be archived.

So you just disproved your original point
Urm… Well done?

1 Like

???

Please read, idk?