New Forum Account "Restrictions"

I see a lot of duplicate suggestions and duplicate questions made by new users. These threads clutter the forum and are kind of annoying (No offense, just my opinion). I think that all new topics created by users have to be reviewed by moderators (Like bug reports) until their account is a week old. Moderators could inform the user how to correctly report a hacker, or that their suggestion is on the roadmap or is a duplicate, without cluttering the forums. What do you think of this?

This is a solution to that problem, but there are better ways such as using a bot, requiring people to read the rules before posting (if possible), or just keep it as/is. Not really for or against this, but yeah.

6 Likes

Yeah I kinda see what you mean. Maybe make it compulsory to read the rules first? (if that is the case already, sorry)

2 Likes

Bump. I have a suggestion though, to change from “all posts” to “suggestions”.

Why don’t we just automatically take off suggestions with some keywords like “SkyBlock” “Duets” and other stuff
When typing in a suggestion as the title bar

No, lots of new suggestions are terrible (no offense ty)

Add a one day cooldown for new users <---- this but for 1 week

Why did you even need to reply to me about it

O.o

i mean i kind of dislike the no post dups. Yes it can be annoying but it can also show staff that we want it.

1 Like

The problem with dupes is that it makes it harder to see how many people actually want something.

Lets say there’s a duped suggestion that was left open. The original has 20 votes, and the dupe has 10. Some people might have voted on both, so they can’t just count it as 30. They could see who voted on each one, but that would be a pain.

Making it so only one can be around is a much better way of doing it, as necroing is allowed as long as it adds something.

4 Likes