Stop Close Range Bow Spam In Capture The Flag

In Capture The Flag you can currently just get non-stop spammed with arrows at a close range, each arrow knocking you back and doing a decent amount of damage considering you’re getting spammed with them making it very hard to counter and is very annoying and broken.

This used to be a very big problem in Treasure Wars and Survival Games as well as Skywars I believe and they stopped this by making arrows do very little damage at close range and ignoring knockback if at very close range I believe. This feature wasn’t implemented into Capture The Flag for whatever reason however and I believe it should be so that we can avoid this problem of getting bow spammed at close range which does a ridiculous amount of damage and is to the point where it’s very annoying and broken.

no no no no no no no
i dont like this feature in tw and i dont like it more in ctf

Why don’t you like the feature that prevents you from getting arrow spammed at close range in TW?

3 Likes

When i bow spam it makes it harder to bow spam closer to people

1 Like

Believe it or not most people don’t like getting bow spammed, especially at close range which is the main reason for my suggestion >~<

5 Likes

Bow spam is definitely annoying, especially because you don’t have diamond armor in CTF and you lose like 1,5 hearts or even more each full charged arrow. Melee exists for a reason and the bow should remain a range weapon. :+1:

9 Likes

The bow is balanced imo•-• Use your blocks to get close

That doesn’t work very well especially in tight spaces in my opinion, I believe the bow should be used for ranged combat only, not close range combat where you can bow spam and do an absurd amount of damage and not be able to get hit because of the knockback each arrow does.

This is why the anti bow spam features were added in all the other PvP game modes. :c

I hope this gets added because (no offense to bow sweats) but it’s extremely annoying to be bow spammed and it’s still annoying even if it’s giving less damage

6 Likes

Mhm it’s very annoying so I’m bumping this topic so others can see it and give their thoughts about my suggestion, I’m not exactly sure how easy it would be to transfer the anti bow spam features in Treasure Wars to Capture The Flag but if it wouldn’t be too much trouble then I think the anti bow spam features should definitely be added into Capture The Flag. c:

2 Likes

Not really a feature needed. Mobile and controller is hard

They shouldn’t add the close range knockback thing because it makes it harder to start combos. Instead they should add like a 2-3 second cooldown between each shot

Cooldown is a terrible idea lol its a bow not a zapper. Sg has this and its fine, idk what the problem with implementing the sg anti-bowspam system would be… u have blocks for combos or just be better than them lol. Get creative with ur combo starters (putting a block behind u so u take no kb during a trade, for example) and dont just rely on bowspamming and arrow combos to win u games.

3 Likes

BUMP

I don’t know why this isn’t a thing yet. Most of the fights in this game end up becoming a bowspam fest, so adding this will make fights more bearable and less frustrating.

3 Likes

fully charged arrows should do normal kb but no dmg at close range, the uncharged arrows should do no dmg or kb at close range imo

4 Likes

Bows are free and arrows are cheap, if someone is spamming you just spam them back lol

I think bow spamming makes the game better: if you are in a 1v3 with the flag but have arrows, you have a fighting chance

2 Likes

No one here is denying that as a counter. However, the point is that its not fun to deal with bowspam. It sucks when fights just devolve into who can bowspam the most, because that’s pretty much all they are in this game.

Not just that, but arrows in this game can break concrete powder blocks, and can be upgraded to break a bigger radius of blocks, which isn’t the case in other PvP games. Hence, its more of an issue here.

I disagree. Because bowspam is a prominent thing in this game, it makes fights more repetitive and more frustrating to deal with. One bow spammer every now and then isn’t that bad. But having to deal with so much of them in a game like this is not fun, which is one of the reasons why I don’t like Hive CTF.

And as far as it giving you a fighting chance in a 1v3, yes it is useful in a situation like that. However, its dare I say a bit overpowered in its current state due to how arrow damage on Hive works in conjunction with the armor in this game, which isn’t as strong as it is in other PvP games like Treasure Wars or SkyWars. 1v3s in this game are also already made easier because this game has health on kill, whereas Treasure Wars and SkyWars do not.

Besides, even if close range bowspam was nerfed, you would still have other ways of dealing with 1v3s such as TNT or simply sticking with your teammates. So would it really make the game worse if something like bowspam was reduced? In my opinion, it would make the game a lot better.

4 Likes

I don’t think its really a problem to defeat bow spammers, but they can be a bit annoying so ig ill vote.

1 Like

Ill still vote but i either place blocks in front of the spammer or sprint jump to the side or behind him and try to get him in a combo

have a bow duel with @Youngling01, that will change ur mind very quickly. Also u shouldn’t be taking a 1v3 with the flag anyways, just run and blockspam like a normal person.

1 Like