'PBMM is on' chat message

i feel like a nice QoL feature to add would be to add a simple message to show that Platform Based Matchmaking (PBMM for short, used in the title) is on; the message would appear as soon as the game starts, along with the ‘No teaming/cross-teaming’ message. This could be handy so you can know what tactic to use, as my tactics vary depending on the other players platform.

Nice idea, this also might put somewhat of a stop to people coming and clogging the forums with “pLaYiNg MoBiLe WiTh a CoNtRolLeR iS uNfAiR!! tHeY nEeD tO bE bAnNeD!!!”

1 Like

This needs to be added, if PBMM isn’t on, I’ll join a new game/round.
Maybe change the name “PBMM” to Mobile Only Game so little kids can understand?

LOL that’s not how it works.
It depends on the total amount of players in a mode. So the PBMM will be active in all matches of the gametype you’re playing.

16 Likes

Voted cuz this is a genuinely good idea imo and it’ll help mobile players a lot.

3 Likes

Emphasis on a lot. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The Platform Based Matchmaking chat message would help a lot but I prefer to have it when I join the game lobby where you can change your game unlocks and vote for maps.

Example:

Searching you a game of Solos (Treasure Wars)
zWhxtDoUWxnt joined. [7/8]
§gPlatformbased matchmaking is §aenabled §gin this game. §7[§9Touch vs. Touch§7]

9 Likes

I like the mock-up. This would prolly be better since some players wouldn’t wanna get into a game, learn it’s not PBMM. they’ll wanna leave but at the same time, they may not wanna ruin their win/loss ratio

Yeah, I would do that too. If it says PBMM is off, I think every mobile player except for Oreologist would leave the game.

:clap: thats :clap: not :clap: how :clap: it :clap: works :clap:

nah you’re the only one who would do that

2 Likes

I don’t think u understand that most mobile players don’t care enough about who they play against

3 Likes
3 Likes

Mobile isn’t hard to “Get good” on. Just practice (Like any other platform has to do) and you will get better. If a garbage controller player gets put against mobiles, the mobiles will win. If a garbage mobile player gets put against good controller players, the controller players will win. And believe me, after playing mobile for 8 years, I think I know what I’m talking about.

3 Likes

Exactly it depends on the player not on the platform that he/she uses.

1 Like

BUNP

hive please add this, it would make mobile players like me’s lives so much easier and would be nice with the new sg update

8 Likes

bump, because this should be seen by newer players

1 Like

I have no idea why, but as a switch player, half of my games end up being mobile queues LOL. This would help a lot though for not just mobile players, but for controller players as well because pc players are a huge annoyance, and I would love to be able to not get a bunch of pc players in my game

Excellent idea :+1: