Adding "Health Indicators" for PVP gamemodes

As you may know, a new health indicator pack has been going around the Hive’s competitive community today, and it was deemed an unfair advantage by Hive and some players.
I can understand where they came from with that, but that also makes me want a Health Indicator system on The Hive. It’s more of a Quality of Life update than a necessary one, but I don’t see why Hive can’t have a Health Indicator that is server-side and everyone can see.
Most popular PvP servers on bedrock already have indicators that everyone can see, and even the most popular Java servers also use Health Indicators too, the most popular server on Java (Hypixel) already has health indicators too, and I think the most popular server on Bedrock (currently The Hive) should have it too.
Since the lobby uses tons of entities and it may be hard to program it so it doesn’t show on all entities, you can enable for PVP only game-modes, like Skywars, Treasure Wars, and Survival Games.
It would be nice to know the health of my opponent when engaging in melee fights as there’s no health indicator for that, so it’s basically a guessing game with how low they are and if you can outlast them or if you need to run and heal. Yes, you can learn about certain Melee interaction patterns and use maths to calculate how much damage you’ve done/are doing, but with how you can heal in sky-wars in a variety of ways, it would be a challenge to not only keep track of that, AND also fight them simultaneously.
I hope Hive considers this and possibly implements it in a later update, no matter how long that may be. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey, this is a duplicate suggestion. Please use the Search Feature :mag: before posting in the future. :smile:
@Hlzyzptlk

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there’s no other forum posts like this, and if there is, I doubt it has the exact same details and reasoning that mine does.

3 Likes

Here is one by @BlueSlimeMC:

If you have anything to add, I recommend voting for that suggestion and commenting your ideas there. :smiley:

6 Likes

i tink he has a chicken curry point is very cewl u shuld add it thank for listening lick and subscrooble.

i think this should be allowed on the hive

2 Likes

what kind of english was that

2 Likes

Its skeppys 4 year old brother

2 Likes

I think this should be added

can you guys read, this is a duplicate suggestion. dont post here pls

@Hlzyzptlk

1 Like

we just need @Splodg3r to tell us if the health indicators texture pack are allowed on hive or not.
I got banned for x ray and I thought it was allowed so I am going to ask if this is allowed before I use it.

I like how this post has the same number of votes as blueslime’s.

Also @swimfan72 is this the one you’re talking about: Damage Indicator v2

Welcome to the forums

I can see why they would consider the health indicators pack as potentially xray, but banning somebody for using it? That’s a bit too far tbh.

@swimfan72 when are you unbanned btw

I disagree, this would put console players at a disadvantage as they wouldn’t be able to get the packs. If they allow it, it should just be ingame

2 Likes

There’s no texture pack that tells you that and is impossible to add something like that in a texture pack.
By my understanding you either use a script (yes the one’s everybody hates) or it’s implemented ingame

this certainly has a lot more votes than expected

Idk if this is the one he made but it works.