Replace the "Your Unlocks" NPC with a "Hub Selector" NPC

I suggest that the Your Unlocks NPC should be replaced with a Hub Selector NPC.
Having a Hub Selector in the place of the Unlocks NPC would be way more useful.

So from this:

To something like this:

We can already easily access our Unlocks using the item in our inventory, so having the Your Unlocks NPC just seems redundant.

Changing hubs is already possible by running the command /hub < any number > but this command only places you in a random hub.
You can check what hub you are in by running the command /connection

Also, The Hive on Java already has the ability to change hubs in a menu.

I think allowing us to pick our hub in an easy way, like the NPC, would be super helpful to everyone on the Hive, especially when watching a Hive content creator or trying to have large in-game gatherings.

2 Likes

I really like this idea! If they don’t add the NPC, at least something in out hotbar? Voted

12 Likes

yes please every server does that

13 Likes

I just want be able to queue into gifters hubs lol

7 Likes

I like this idea.

4 Likes

Hello everyone. :wave: I’m aware this thread is 8 months old already, but I feel like I have some decent arguments as to why The Hive should reconsider this suggestion. Therefore, I’m reviving this topic.

Firstly, I feel like there isn’t really a community in-game. It’s currently quite difficult to find people to talk to or play with in-game. Lobbies are quiet most of the time because people are often AFK. I know that Discord is a great way to talk to people, but that shouldn’t be a reason not to add this in my opinion.

Furthermore, I used to be active on another featured Bedrock server called CubeCraft and most people who were looking for a chat went to EggWars lobby 1. It was always pretty busy there, which was really fun. Sometimes there were also staff members in the lobby who were able to assist you with any questions fairly quickly. Again, yes, questions can also be asked on Discord, but keep in mind not everyone has Discord.

Lastly, I know for a fact that Hive: Java Edition has this hub selector feature, so why doesn’t Bedrock have this? If for some reason Microsoft doesn’t allow the implementation of this idea, then I fully understand this of course. However, it would be great if an explanation was given for this matter because I’m really curious.

Thank you in advance! :star2:

10 Likes

Reviving because yes, the costumes NPC is almost useless.

3 Likes

Good idea. The “Your Unlocks” NPC is really useless.

1 Like

actually, there’s plenty of communities (example being the mcyt fans community that usually gathers in 1 to 2 hubs.) i can only join those hubs if one of my friends is in them and if only one friend is online with me in a random hub then i cant join, and i can’t use /hub to try and find it. if i rejoin or go through a game to get to a different hub, it’s either painfully tedious or i get teleported back into the random hub my friend is in. if there is no friend online, i have to then start spamming hub until i get the pink glitch and have to rejoin or after a long time finally find the hub i want. so a hub selector would be useful for trying to find the communities efficiently. i know the hive is a minigame server but there’s no set way to play the hive just like with minecraft as a whole
it’s a good place to meet people and having a hub selector (just like the region selector) would greatly enhance the experience