New game: NetherWars

Idea: NetherWars gamemode

This idea for many might sound weird and off, but please, let me explain it before you comment, then you can feel free to tell me your opinion!

Hive and a lot of servers have been known for their creativity and gamemodes, however I thought of a gamemode never made/done before and a gamemode that could bring a lot of players to The Hive, NetherWars.

In this gamemode, similar to skywars and bedwars, people can play either in solo’s or teams of different size(s). They spawn in a nether-based world each on an island with the same loot and resources (to make the combat and looting system fair), each player on the island will try to compete and win pvp battles and try avoiding falling into the lava that surrounds them, and they have to bridge to be on other islands.

As players die in pvp battle, all the remaining players will automatically gain better weapons, and the last remaining player wins.

NOTE: This is just an opinion, if you disagree, you can feel free to ignore this post and leave, all MC gamemodes have always started with an idea and this is simply my idea for a Hive-exclusive gamemode.

interesting. maybe the lava could rise every 5 minutes or so to prevent camping and add suspense?

5 Likes

yes, that could help out a lot in terms of how quickly the game goes, also welcome to the forums and the community.

2 Likes

This could honestly be a SkyWars mode, or in the form of a minigame within Mixed Arcade. I would certainly like something like this. Although, this is fairly similar to that of the layers suggestion in the fact that there are multiple islands with the lava rising.

3 Likes

arcade games would definitely increase the servers popularity

1 Like

Yes. Yes! Finally no juggernauts fresh out of their base with full iron/ diamond.

I like this idea because it’s like SW but different due to the chest spawns and increasing lava which is not there in sw…

1 Like

It would be considered closer to a combination of Gladiators, Micro Battle and Skywars, it would give Hive a complete new exclusive game mode which I think a lot would definitely enjoy

1 Like

It would be similar to skywars or bedwars, but it seems to be entirely different from both

1 Like

This seems very similar to Shulker Wars with avoiding the rising lava and looting chests from islands. Maybe you can vote for that.

1 Like

Even though this is like skywars, I think it could be diffrent. It could be diffrent to have a vertical map, not just a middle but to have the middle higher up as you have to escape the lava. It could be like vertical skywars.

2 Likes

thought it may be similar, it’s still vastly different in terms of other features, this is kind of like the back-bone but this gamemode could still have more features compared to other suggestions

1 Like

I mean it could be anything, I only gave my thoughts

2 Likes

I like this, but it would be best executed as mixed arcade game.

3 Likes

probably, but I feel like if Hive staffs also put their ideas in, and change the concept of it a little, it could be considered a full game