New game: Shulker Rush

Disclaimer: This was originally called Shulker Wars, but after doing some thinking, Shulker Rush fits better as a name, and will be less confusing to newer players, as some could mistake it for another version of BedWars. Plus, its more fitting for the fast paced nature of this game.

What is Shulker Rush?

Think of it as a unique twist to Wool Wars on MunchyMC. Your goal is to be the last player standing while deadly water rises up and other players are out to kill you. You can find loot in Shulker Boxes hidden around the map and you can only break player-placed blocks. On one of the three large islands in the center, there is a Shulker that you can kill to get the best loot in the game (Which of the large islands it spawns on depends on the height of the water). Keep in mind that unlike the Mystery Chest in SkyWars, these guys fight back. Above you, there are islands scattered throughout the map. Some (Not all) of these islands contain Shulker Boxes. The higher up you are, the better the loot you find in Shulker Boxes. Each game can last up to 10 minutes. When only 2 minutes are left, the water will stop rising and the remaining players will have to duke it out. Each player starts out with dyed leather armor, a stone sword, an iron pickaxe, 64 andesite, and a tracking compass. Players will have 30 seconds to get ready before water rises and pvp is enabled. Once a player dies, they will drop a death box, similar to the death crates in SkyWars. We will be getting into the loot players can find nextā€¦

What loot do Shulker Boxes contain?

Each type of Shulker Box contains different sets of loot, some better than others. Letā€™s dive into what each Shulker Box containsā€¦

Common Shulker Box (Yellow)

Lootset
  • Iron Sword
  • 16-24 Andesite
  • 16-24 Crumbling Cobblestone (Rare)
  • 3x3 Wall Builder (Rare)
  • Bow (Rare)
  • 2-4 Arrows (Uncommon)
  • Chainmail Armor (May have projectile protection)
  • Iron Armor (Rare)
  • 2-4 Cobwebs (Rare)
  • Boombox (Rare)
  • Block-breaker (Rare)
  • Levitation Cloud (Grants any player who steps on it Levitation 8 for 4 seconds) (Lasts 2 seconds) (Rare)
  • Poison Boombox (Rare)
  • Frozen Boombox (Rare)

Uncommon Shulker Box (Lime-Green)

Lootset
  • Iron Sword (May have sharpness)
  • Diamond Sword
  • Bow
  • 3-5 Arrows
  • 1-2 Snowballs (Rare)
  • 1 Ender Pearl (Rare)
  • 32 Andesite
  • 32 Crumbling Cobblestone (Rare)
  • Iron Helmet (May have projectile protection)
  • Iron Boots (May have projectile protection)
  • Iron Chestplate/Leggings (May have fire protection)
  • Diamond Helmet/Boots (Rare)
  • Bridge Builder (Rare)
  • 3x3 Wall Builder (Rare)
  • 3-5 Cobwebs (Rare)
  • 1 Golden Apple (Rare)
  • Levitation Cloud (Rare)
  • Boombox (Uncommon))
  • Block-breaker (Rare)
  • Web Boombox (Rare)
  • Poison Boombox (Uncommon)
  • Frozen Boombox (Uncommon)
  • Ember Sword (Rare)
  • Feather Falling II Golden Boots (Rare)

Rare Shulker Box (Light-Blue)

Lootset
  • Diamond Sword (May have sharpness)
  • Iron Chestplate/Leggings (May have fire protection or protection)
  • Diamond Leggings (May have fire protection) (Rare)
  • Diamond Helmet (May have projectile protection)
  • Diamond Boots (May have projectile protection)
  • 1-2 Ender Pearls
  • 2-4 Snowballs (Rare)
  • 1-2 Golden Apples
  • Bridge Builder
  • 3x3 Wall Builder
  • 32-48 Andesite
  • 32-48 Crumbling Cobblestone (Rare)
  • 4-6 Arrows
  • Bow (May have power or punch)
  • 1-hit Knockback Nemo (Rare)
  • 4-6 Cobwebs (Rare)
  • Levitation Cloud (Rare)
  • Boombox (Uncommon)
  • Block Breaker (Uncommon))
  • Fire Boombox (Rare)
  • Web Boombox (Rare)
  • Poison Boombox (Uncommon)
  • Frozen Boombox (Uncommon)
  • Ember Sword (Rare)

Shulker Boss (Magenta) (There is a 2 minute cooldown for when it can spawn again)

Lootset
  • Diamond Helmet (May have projectile protection 2)
  • Diamond Boots (May have projectile protection 2 or feather falling)
  • Iron Chestplate/Leggings (May have projectile protection, protection or fire protection 2)
  • Diamond Leggings (May have projectile protection or fire protection 2)
  • 1-2 Ender Pearls
  • 2-3 Golden Apples
  • Diamond Sword (May have sharpness or sharpness 2)
  • Bow (May have power, power 2, or punch)
  • 2-4 Snowballs
  • Levitation Cloud
  • Boombox
  • Block-breaker
  • Fire Boombox
  • Web Boombox
  • Poison Boombox
  • Frozen Boombox
  • Ember Sword
  • Shulker Core
  • Shulker Shield
  • 1-hit Knockback Nemo (Rare)

You mightā€™ve noticed two mysterious items known as the Shulker Core and the Shulker Shield thereā€¦ what do they do? Letā€™s find outā€¦

What do the Shulker Core and Shulker Shield do?

Shulker Core

The Shulker Core is an item that commonly drops from a Shulker Boss. Basically, when you use the shulker core, you will summon a shulker bullet that flies in one direction, similar to a ghast fireball. If it lands, players in a radius of 3 will be send in the air and take 3 hearts of damage. However, a counter to this item, much like with a normal shulker bullet, will be to hit it.

Shulker Shield

This item, like the Shulker Core, is an item that exclusively drops from a Shulker Boss. However, unlike the last item, the Shulker Shield is a defense item. Meaning it will give the user a ring of circling shulker shells that protect them from taking damage give them slight knockback resistance. However, they can be negated by being hit 4 times in quick succession or dying out after 8 seconds.

Overall, I feel that these items would add a nice new twist to the game to make it feel fresh. On top of that, they will give players an incentive to go after Shulker Bosses. But, how many players are there in this game?

Players and Teams

This is the segment where we dive into how many players are in each variant of the game. This game can be played in Solos, Duos, Trios, and Squads)

Team System
  • Solos (16 Players)
  • Duos (10 teams, 20 players)
  • Trios (6 teams, 18 players)
  • Squads (5 teams, 20 players)

Team variants are a nice thing to have in a game like Shulker Rush. But, what might the rewards be? Letā€™s seeā€¦

Rewards for leveling up

Hub Titles

Rewards
  • Level 6: The Levitator
  • Level 12: The Bullet Destroyer
  • Level 20: The Flooded
  • Level 30: The Shulker Master

Rewards
  • Level 2: Shulker Bullet
  • Level 7: Shulker Core
  • Level 8: Shulker Boss
  • Level 14: Punch Bow/Arrow
  • Level 26: Shulker Shield

Arrow Trails

Rewards
  • Level 3: White Swirls
  • Level 5: Yellow Swirls
  • Level 7: Orange Swirls
  • Level 9: Green Swirls
  • Level 11: Cyan Swirls
  • Level 13: Blue Swirls
  • Level 15: Purple Swirls
  • Level 17: Magenta Swirls
  • Level 19: Red Swirls
  • Level 21: Rainbow Swirls
  • Level 23: Rainbow Sparkles
  • Level 25: Portal
  • Level 27: Flame
  • Level 29: Heart

Death Boxes

Rewards
  • Level 1: Basic Box
  • Level 2: Yellow Box
  • Level 4: Orange Box
  • Level 6: Green Box
  • Level 8: Cyan Box
  • Level 10: Blue Box
  • Level 12: Purple Box
  • Level 14: Magenta Box
  • Level 16: Red Box
  • Level 18: Wooden Box
  • Level 20: Bronze Box
  • Level 22: Silver Box
  • Level 24: Gold Box
  • Level 26: Diamond Box
  • Level 28: Crystalized Box

Kill-Phrases

Rewards
  • Level 1: Player was killed by player
  • Level 5: Player was memed by player
  • Level 10: Player was flooded by player
  • Level 15: Player was lifted off their feet by player
  • Level 20: Player was back-stabbed by player
  • Level 25: Player was put to sleep by player
  • Level 29: Player was sent to space by player

Special Costume

Reward
  • Level 30: Shulker King

Map Ideas

These are ideas for potential maps that could be added to Shulker Rushā€¦

Chamber

A map with bright grassy islands inside of a giant testing chamber as the name implies.

Spring

This map is similar to Chamber, but it isnā€™t inside of a lab or ā€œTesting Chamberā€ as its name implies. Instead, it has a bunch of flowers and its inside of wooden walls with some leaves and vines.

Reef

This map is made up of islands made of endstone and sandstone with coral sticking out and walls made of blue, light-blue, and cyan glass.

Keep

This is an underground map that looks similar to a mineshaft with islands made of stone with ores scattered to make it look more unique.

Highway

Think of it as Cityscape from Treasure Wars, but ported over to Shulker Rush.

Hot Sands

This is a map that consists of islands made of red sand and red sandstone along with andesite and cobblestone Mixed in.

Temple

This would have a similar look to the map ā€œRelicā€ from Death Run, but ported over to Shulker Wars.

Forge

As the name implies, this map takes place inside a forge. Lots of machinery can be found hereā€¦

Room

As the name implies, this map takes place inside of a room full of enlarged objects. It has a resemblance of the map ā€œShrunkā€ from the old Battle minigame on the Legacy Console Editions.

Also, I made a post showing what the general layout of each map would look like ā†’ See this reply ā†

Custom Server Options

If this game were to make it in The Hive, I would like it to come with its own custom server options too. Here are some ideas I haveā€¦

Available Options

• Loot Distribution (0.0x-5.0x) (Similar to SG)
  • Loot Box Spawn-rates (Spawn-rates for Common, Uncommon, and Rare boxes) (Customizable for each height [Low, Mid, High]) (1-16)
  • Health on Kill (0-20) (Similar to SkyWars)
  • Max Health (1-40) (Similar to SkyWars and SG)
  • Water Rising Rate (0.0x-2.0x)
  • Shulker Boss Spawn-rate (0.0x-2.0x)
  • Grace Period (On/Off) (1-60 second duration)
  • Build Limit (On/Off) (1-Max map height)
  • Force Map
  • Loot Toggles (Weapon Loot, Bow Loot, Armor Loot, Block Loot, Boombox Loot, Special Loot) (On/Off) (1-16 chance)
  • Starting Items (Enable/Disable)

Summary

I feel that this would be a fun and unique game to introduce to The Hive. It would definitely add more variety for PvPers and it would be an extremely fun take on Wool Wars. What do you think? Is this a good idea or not? If yes, feel free to vote! If not, wellā€¦ ummā€¦ donā€™t vote.

16 Likes

This thread took VERY long to writeā€¦

8 Likes

Oh my I really like this idea

2 Likes

Again, that would not fit in its own separate game, but on Arcade mode. I really like your idea, which is very detailed. Take my small vote :crazy_face::

5 Likes

I donā€™t think this would fit as an Arcade game. The Arcade is more fitting for smaller, more casual games. This game is definitely not a casual game as it takes alot of skill to be able to win. If you tried Wool Wars on MunchyMC which is what this gamemode is based off of, you would know how competitive it is. I just donā€™t see Arcade games as very competitiveā€¦

4 Likes

based on every other game, there are way too many titles and avatars, but everything else seem s good :). would the max level be 30?

2 Likes

The level cap is indeed 30 :slight_smile:

I like it (reminds me of an old roblox game call the flood but there was no pvp)sooo ya :+1:t2:

1 Like

Very nice great job for thinking this idea.

2 Likes

I would love this in Mixed Arcade! If the team could give it a bit of Hive magic then this could be a really good game to add. Upvote from me :+1:

4 Likes

Good idea :). Another great idea that probably took 5 years to write

5 Likes

Heā€™s talking about you writing the suggestion :joy:

1 Like

Oh nvm Iā€™m dumb XD! Lemme delete that hold onā€¦

2 Likes

Maybe when people die, have their stuff drop as a shulker box that can be placed elsewhere, that way it sort of sticks with the theme and you can have all 16 colors of shulker boxes unlockable. Personally I love this idea, and could see it having way more players than SG. My biggest concern is that the mobile queues will be uncompetitive and slow, based on this game taking more bridging and towering than actual Pvp, which can be hard for people that donā€™t do it on a daily basis. Quick question, will there be other shulkers around the map or just one in the middle?

1 Like

I think that Death Boxes would look alot better than Shulker Boxes, especially with Fowbenā€™s modelling. As for the Shulkers, there will only be one in the middle.

2 Likes

Okay, I do agree that Fowben could do wonders for death boxes, and I am glad that there are no shulkers on the outside because I could see people abusing those to gain height faster than someone who was stacking up. This game sounds really good and I hope it is added!

1 Like

Think of the Shulker as the Mystery Chest, but it fights back.

That sounds interesting, I could see people exchanging health for some extra height due to the levitation that I am assuming it would give you when you are hit. Will it spawn at the start? Or will it spawn 2 minutes into the game?

1 Like

I think its best that it spawns 2 minutes into the game so people donā€™t get overpowered loot too early in the game.

If it were to have the same or more health than the mystery chest, and it fought back, it could take quite a bit of time to kill, but then again in team modes it would die really quickly, so it is definitely for the best if it spawned at the 2 minute mark.

1 Like