New Game: Hive Racers

Idea:

A racing game for the Hive.

More information:

Hive Racers would be an 8 player race to see who can finish 3 laps first. The game would have 12 cups and 48 tracks to choose from while voting. It would also have 11 items which I’ll get to later. But first…

Cups
Cups will be ordered in difficulty.

Dirt Cup - Easy
Wood Cup - Easy
Stone Cup - Easy
Coal Cup - Medium
Iron Cup - Medium
Redstone Cup - Medium
Quartz Cup - Hard
Lapis Cup - Hard
Gold Cup - Hard
Diamond Cup - Very Hard
Emerald Cup - Very Hard
Obsidian Cup - Very Hard
Potato Cup - Psychologically Unsafe jk

Anyway, you’ll be able to choose a track from one of those cups to put into the voting thing. A track will randomly be picked out of those that were voted for.

Items
Red Arrow - You get a bow with a red arrow. The arrow targets the person ahead of you.
Green Arrow - You get a bow with a green arrow. The arrow travels in a straight line.
Blue Arrow - You get a bow with a blue arrow. The arrow targets the person in 1st.
Triple Reds - You get a bow with 3 red arrows. The arrows target the person ahead of you.
Triple Greens - You get a bow with 3 green arrows. The arrows travel in a straight line.
Water Bucket - Places water on the road. Makes racers spin out on contact.
Triple Water Buckets - You can place water on the road 3 times. Makes racers spin out on contact.
Speed Potions - Gives speed to the user for 3 seconds.
Triple Speed Potions - Three potions that give speed to the user for 3 seconds.
Boom Box - Places TNT behind you and throws people into the air who get caught in the explosion.
Invincibility Boost - Grants the user invincibility for 10 seconds.

Rating System
By doing well in races, you can earn Race Points, or RP. You start off with 5000 and the max is 9999 RP, with the least being 1 RP. Race to 9999 RP anyone?

Anyway, that concludes my suggestion. What do you think?

So…Mario Kart?

This is basically Hive version of Mario Kart Wii, isn’t it… Welp, I love the idea of a racing minigame, someone actually suggested one before.

To the suggestion, I’m not fan of those cups being ordered by difficulty and I like the RPs, the problem is if the rating system could work on Hive, when we have levels. And if I am right, the RP is used for matchmaking on MK Wii, which Hive does not even have (outside of platform matchmaking, which is being tested). But I like the items a lot outside of blue arrows.

The suggestion you’re talking about uses bees instead of karts and there are no items so it isn’t a duplicate.

Yes, but even so, there have been lobbies with VR ranging from the 4000s to the 9000s.

I didn’t say it’s a duplicate, I thought we could combine the idea with your ideas

that happens when there are no other players online (which probably happens with MK Wii)

Oh. Yeah, that could work.

Probably because of timezones, and the fact that not many people actually know about CTGP.

u making hive a rip-off of mariocart ;-;

Mario Kart*

and why is that sad?

1. Kart*

2. You don’t use water buckets to make somebody slip out in Mario Kart do you?

no, i was as dumb as a donkey and read half of the post ;-;

Thank you for mentioning my post! :smile:
Actually, I thought of a single item (Haze Potion) which obscures your view a bit. I’d like to see what other items could work in a bee race map :slight_smile:

ah, no problem! :wink:

The water buckets replace banana skins.

yh smh

Sounds like it doesn’t it