Fire Sword Nerf MEGAPOST (dont remove for dupe pls)

EDIT: ITS BEEN REMOVED BOIS

EDIT 2: ok turns out its actualy just been replaced by a nerfed version BUT STILL

BEFORE YOU SAY THIS IS A DUPE, I know that other people have suggested nerfing/removing fire swords. However, most of those suggestions are just people saying “fire sword op nerf pls”, without giving a proper suggestion. Therefore, I decided to create this “megapost” if you will talking about a multitude of suggestions (some of which are from other posts) on how to nerf/replace the fire sword.

Okay to start off, let’s go through why fire swords are OP. I would recommend watching the potatopie25 video (link here: The Problem with Fire Swords on The Hive... (ft. Evident) - YouTube). The video is 9 minutes, but if you don’t want to watch it i’ll try my best to explain it. Basically, the way combos work on the hive is that you have to get 2 consecutive hits on your opponent, without taking 1. With fire swords this becomes extremely difficult to do, as you are constantly taking damage, making your opponent almost always getting the first hit. Then there is the problem of the fire taking up half the screen. Due to the fire being at the bottom half of your screen, your opponent would be completely covered by it (unless they are above you). This makes it very hard to aim, very hard to block clutch, and overall very annoying. There are low fire texture packs which would make it a lot less of a problem, however on ps4, nintendo switch, (and i think xbox) you cant download texture packs so that wont work. Again, my explanation may have been confusing so i suggest you watch the vid as it goes more in depth and shows proof of how much of an advantage it gives you.

Now that we got that out of the way, lets go through some of the suggestions.

1. Remove fire sword and replace spell of fire trail with “Spell of Fire”

(This one is my own suggestion, however it was inspired by @Batuganda 's one here - https://forum.playhive.com/t/spell-revamp-fire-trails-to-aura/

So a spell of fire would be a spell book, that would set every player (not including teamates) within a five block radius on fire. The reason why this would be better than the fire sword, is that it can only be used once, and also the spellbook would be a lot rarer. It would also not have the 4 damage that comes from the sword. It also wouldn’t be “too weak” since it can set multiple people on fire at the same time and doesn’t require aim. Personally, this is my favorite suggestion as I think this is a balanced weapon.

1. Water Buckets ( @unikern1o )

This has been suggested many times, however the oldest one I found was by Unikern1o

This one’s pretty self explanatory, adding water buckets. This would allow players to extinguish themselves by placing water on their feet. However, the problem with this one is that even if you extinguish yourself, your opponent could just hit you again. You also wouldn’t be able to use it if you were being comboed. Overall, this suggestion would help all that much, but it is a step in the right direction and also I put it in here cuz I wanted at-least one suggestion that wasn’t a nerf, but rather a counter.

1. Replace fire sword with poison sword. (Suggested by Chikin_Burgr)

This one is also quite self explanatory. The poison sword would be basically identical to the fire sword, except that it doesn’t cover up half your screen. Also, you wouldn’t be able to die from the poison, like you would from fire. Personally I quite like this suggestion even though it doesn’t account for the combo problem, although based on the comments of that suggestion some other people didn’t like it. So if you have any ideas on how to improve this one, please reply with your idea.

1. Fire Prot Armor

So, in sw regular prot used to make you immune to fire, but now that has been patched. I suggest that they “re-add” it, except as its own item. This can be done by making it a separate drop from emeralds, or by replacing projectile prot with it. There are 2 ways for the fire prot to work: 1. Having one piece of fire prot armor on will completely negate all fire damage, or 2. It’ll work like regular fire prot. In my opinion the first one is better, but some might say that it would be too OP, so I guess thats up to the devs.

1. Just Remove Them

This last one is probably the most simple, just remove them entirely. It’s been suggested quite a few times, and I dont know that many people that would miss it if it were to one day disappear tbh. Ofc, this suggestion would really only be used as last resort if no other suggestion would work, but it’d probably work a lot better than the other ones (imo)

So yeah, that’s the end of my megapost. If you have any other suggestions on nerfing the fire sword please say so in the replies (I will edit this if any good ones come), and that’s it i guess.

(I’ve been working on this for 45 minutes wth am i doing with my life)

5 fire swords are way too op and just annoying

1 Like

water buckets were suggested by me sigh

better to put my suggestion because it has more votes

1 Like

no lmao. People keep complaining yet there isn’t an issue. Low fire packs are a thing or use them your self. Fire swords are so easy to counter and you don’t take kb so if you have better gear you should be able to get more hits and win

6 Likes
  1. Lowfire texture packs don’t work on all devices, because some devices dont allow for texture packs (which i mentioned in the post had you cared to read it).

2. I have used it myself, it used to be my main strat but I started getting bored because I found it too OP

3. The problem with combos isn’t taking kb, it’s that your opponent has a far higher chance of getting the first hit because of the fire (or something along those lines).

4. I suggest you watch the potatopie25 video as I linked in the post, as he explains it clearly and also has testing to show its OP. If you dont want to watch it, then I’ll summarize the test results. When he pvp’d EvidentP with a fire sword, he won with 5 hearts, and when EvidentP Pvp’d him with a fire sword, EvidentP won with 5 hearts. So if you have 10 hearts + 7 golden hearts, this would essentially give you 22 hearts. Now i don’t know about you, but that seems OP to me.

my bad, i’ve edited it now.

2 Likes

the only problem with fire swords is that they have no counter. this could be easily fixed by giving the fire sword a limited amount of uses, adding water, or making a fire red spellbook

1 Like

well im not sure about the limited amount of uses one, as they are so common so people may have multiple. Fire res book and water may work tho

making fire sword have 5 uses would be a great counter. nobody uses the fire sword as a main sword because it doesn’t do enough damage on its own to be good. everyone dual wields. if they had multiple, it would take up more inventory/hotbar space, which gives more room for the opponent to win

I’m thinking about how some platforms do not have access to texture packs that have low fire, maybe it’s possible to implement low fire into The Hive texture pack?

i think that can be done just applying a texture pack with low fire to the server

There are low fire packs in the market place for console players if people have mine coins lol

just add water no limited uses

but like that requires irl money no? Also i cant find the texture packs you are referring to either, do you have a link?

2 Likes

Im currently using one for my switch but a downside is that it makes the game look crappy and depressing.

There is ruff textures: it has small swords and small fire yet the terrain looks depressing

Pvp essentials: it has small fire and swords
But the hp looks wonku and not to mention the dark terrain

And slime! It’s pretty cool yet it looks pretty weird

I’m using ruf textures and I’m Still finding ways how to transfer files to mc on switch without hacking it and risking to get my switch banned

ruf textures is one for it

a good nerf/buff would be giving the fire sword fire aspect 2 (lasts longer) but giving it 2-5 uses. this makes it not too op.

The first hit doesn’t mean much if you don’t even take kb from it. The reason why people want first hits is because it helps them land a combo.

i think imma use pvp essential’s as it’s low fire is really low but the hp is really bad. Can u use 2 packs at once?