Different variants of steve skins

It’s very annoying when the murderer is a yellow steve and there’s 3-5 other yellow steve’s in the game. Especially on Switch. What would make the game more fair is if all the Steve’s had different coloured shirts. No Steve would look the same and inappropriate/custom skins could still be filtered. That way almost nobody has the same skin.

3 Likes

The yellow shirt Steve is generally known as the Hive Steve. Adding other colours now may cause confusion.

4 Likes

Definitely agree, its very annoying when the murd is a Steve or hive Steve and theres like 5 of them

17 Likes

What confusion would it cause? Does every hive steve have to be yellow or am i missing something?

11 Likes

Orbi means that steves have yellow shirts as yellow is the hive’s colour. If there are different colours, people might get confused as to y they didnt become yellow steve.

2 Likes

maybe in mm they can change the color right? I mean, if they are able to do that in the entire server then why not in a minigame where nametags are off?

7 Likes

hey what if the person has a ‘steve’ skin not hive steve it will still cause confusion but hive cant block steve skins then new players who dont know ho to chnge skins cannot play hence this idea might not work

1 Like

There wont be a light blue color, obviously. Normal steves aren’t the problem. Hive steves are. Maybe the new colored shirt steves could have the hive logo on their shirt for less confusion?

2 Likes

I really like this idea! I don’t really understand the point about how this would cause confusion… In fact, the whole point of the suggestion is that it helps lessen confusion in MM. Definitely have my vote for this one :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I thought the yellow shirt steve was a placeholder for any “Skin errors” as it happened to me before

4 Likes

What about if they assign different colors just in MM games to make it less confusing.

8 Likes

That would be great. Maybe they could even have them be different skins altogether like maybe add Hive Alex or something.

1 Like

or a more complicated way is to make it so there is only 1 hive Steve in each MM game. Steves aren’t really the problem now, its mostly hive Steves I see now

1 Like

But would you rather face of a person that is half the size of a normal skin, or a yellow Steve? Because in MM, the size of your skin still gives you an advantage.

1 Like

tru u do make a good point, they do provide some advantage but not to much

1 Like

I do agree there needs to be something done about the yellow steve’s as it is truly so frustrating to be in a game with at least 5 of them and one of them ends up being the murderer. It has even reached a point where they know that their skin appears as the yellow steve and they abuse it and use it to their advantage in the game.

Even if they can’t change the colors, surely having some way to distinguish them would be better.

4 Likes

What confusion can this make? If anything, this will make it easier. There can be random color skins like red, orange, and blue.

2 Likes

Bunp time
This is definitely needed, I just had a game where a hive steve was murd & I shot the wrong one.

6 Likes

now yk how I feel when I grind MM :crazy_face: :grimacing: :flushed:

1 Like

I’d say keep the yellow steve, but put a big ol’ number on them. So if there are 3 Hive Steves, put a 1, 2 and a 3 on the front and back of each shirt.

2 Likes