Custom Server NPC

Idea:
In hub there should be an NPC that leads to open Custom Servers
More infomation:
I don’t know if this is just me but it seems like when I make a custom server there is not enough of my friends on. So what if, next to the Game NPC’S there should be one called “Custom Servers” that allows you to join random peoples cs. Also, before you shut me down I know someone posted something similar to this (Custom Server Access) mine is a different suggestion. Also, before you say “There’s a discord server for this” not everyone has discord/is allowed to, and maybe some people under 13 want to join a custom server.

1 Like

There is likely going to be a Custom Server menu accessible without /cs eventually, my guess is through the party menu. However, custom servers are still in beta, so this likely isn’t going to happen until swarms releases.

6 Likes

I love this idea and this should be in hive but like the person above me said it might come out when swarms release!

5 Likes

The Hive doesn’t like to add NPCs to the lobby unless it’s necessary. NPCs can make the hub lag which is the reason for not wanting too many :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

then why is there an npc to open your locker

9 Likes

I wouldn’t rule out the factor of there perhaps being an NPC for Custom Servers inside of the swarm base though.

3 Likes

But then you would have to be in a swarm to Join a random cs

2 Likes

Not at all. Clicking a slot in your inventory and clicking through an NPC would take you to the same place and you would then follow the same procedure as you do now. The same goes for joining, would still be the same process.

3 Likes

The 20 npc’s used to advertise costumes are very neccesary!

Sarcasm

11 Likes

Also, as I fully agree with you, I feel it wouldn’t be unnecessary, seeing as what Creamy said thats unnecessary cause you can just use the tool in the hot bar.

2 Likes

You have to be at least 13 to create an email address, and you have to have access to an email address to create an account here.
So…
Kind of invalid.
But yeah, i would think they already have an interface planned. We just likely wont see anything like this until swarms release.

4 Likes

Well I have 2 views on this suggestion… honestly I think the suggestion would’ve come across better if you had instead suggested this as a way to make peoples lives easier (like a quality of life thing) but making it a point like this makes it seem kinda weird… And quite frankly no one is stopping you from joining cs, you just need to find a group outside of discord where you can find some cs codes (if you’re under 13)

This is a good suggestion however

• as for the suggestion itself… I think it’s better if this was added to the compass instead of causing lag with an NPC

hopefully everything I said made sense :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Too Many NPC’s makes The hub lags
So I don’t think it’s a good idea

2 Likes

I think it would be better if instead it was implemented as an addition to the compass in the hotbar

-forgot to touch on this in my original reply

4 Likes

Yeaa This is wayyy too better Nice idea!!

1 Like

I think you should make a suggestion on this, and I will link it and try to get it voted for :smiley:

3 Likes

Here is @AlphaDivided’s suggestion, go vote for it!

1 Like

this is a good idea. not much people who play hive are in the hive discord and doesn’t even know that there’s a thing called custom servers. more players will join cs if there was an npc .

3 Likes

This topic needs bumping.

2 Likes

I am just waiting to see what happens when the swarms come out. As Orbi touched on the npc could be in the Swarm hub, that might be what the devs are planning on. :smiley:

2 Likes