Add a /ping command

Idea:

add a /ping command

More information:

Occasionally, I experience lag spikes on the server. This would let people know whether lag is a connection issue or something else(fps, server problem).

6 Likes

Not really a suggestion. Though it’s suppose to be /globalping not /ping. I’m just gonna flat out say this, to me, it doesnt matter.

1 Like

command prompt

5 Likes

do you know about this thing called a phone that has like nothing good a pc has?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d like this command, but since knowing your ping isn’t that important, there isn’t a huge reason to add this, so command prompt just seems like the better method lol

2 Likes

But a lot of people don’t have a pc

3 Likes

yeah its actually a good idea, albeit minor

1 Like

I mean, if the server does the check, you should still be able to do it. Command prompts would also help

I understand not everyone has a pc, I also understand there isn’t enough demand for this in general, this would be cool, but yeah.

2 Likes

To make things clear I’m not really talking about myself, I have a pc to check my ping on but I’m saying that a lot of people don’t. @BlazeDrake I already know that, but people aren’t voting cause they think everyone can use cmd.

2 Likes

I voted

1 Like

This need bump
Add pls

The ultra bump

I mean, this isn’t that necessary anymore with the fact that in 1.16+ featured servers show your ping to them before you log on(though it is kind of buggy, but still).

2 Likes

If you want a command, you probably want to know your ping while in the game, it’s still somewhat useful imo.

2 Likes

If you wanna know ping in-game just run the cmd and then type /ping sg.hivebedrock.network

Bump

I know I might be contradicting myself from 1 month ago
but it will be really cool command to check your ping in-game.

Bump cuz someone made a dupe

1 Like