Voting in Just Build

The issue with voting in Just Build is that there will always be people who vote ‘meh’ for everyone else’s build so that they have a higher chance of winning.

To fix this problem, I think that the players in one match should vote on the builds from another match, that way, the builds get accurate ratings.

The limitation is that there would have to be 2 matches being played at the same time, which I have no idea how easy or hard it would be for you guys to implement.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t think this is really possible. Not only would you need 2 games running at the same time, but they would have to start at the same time as well. This means that when joining lobbies, the game would have to keep 2 lobbies open rather than put you in the fullest for the quickest game. Both lobbies would also need to stay open until there’s enough players in both of them, even if one’s full/ready to go. Even then, there always might be that one person that continually votes ‘meh’ just to be rude.

I’m sure we’ll find a workaround for repeated ‘meh’ voting if we haven’t already, but this is not it.

7 Likes

that doesn’t change anything

you are just rating builds from another game

2 Likes

Or matches could just have 6 players instead of 12, then there would automatically be twice as many matches.

1 Like

I really don’t think that works how you think it does. We’ll just have the same issues on a slightly smaller scale :,)

2 Likes

Just deal with people voting meh this is the second time I had to say this to some one most of the people that hold meh in their hand and fly around builds are 6 year olds also this is impossible to do.

And having 6 people in a match will not work because it will go fast

1 Like

If someone votes ”meh” on everything, nothing changes, as everyone is getting the same amount of points from that player.

1 Like

I have an idea how it could be fixed, idk if it’s good
I think you should get exp when you vote with the better votes. And to prevent spamming votes, you would get exp only once a game for a vote and it would be only like 1 exp. Meh, Okay, Good don’t need to have any exp. Basically, it will encourage voters to vote with better option at least once.

2 Likes

This sounds reasonable, that would make winning pretty much useless unless you still earned at least a little xp for 1st place

1 Like

I actually think this suggestion is quite genius
I think the main reason why players vote meh for other builds is because it increases their own chance of winning.
But even with completely different voting systems you will always have those issues of players voting unfairly to increase their winning chances - but only as long as they vote against their own opponents.
If players were to vote for a different game, that wouldn’t have any impact on their own winning chances and they could vote unbiasedly and fairly

Just build is currently the most popular game on the server, so I don’t think waiting for two games would take too long.
Games of duos can also host up to 24 players and they quite often do so

There might still be players who will vote meh just to be rude but I don’t think that is the main reason why players are currently voting meh so much

2 Likes

Or what if the average vote for each person gets applied to their own build too. So if someone votes meh for everyone else, then a meh vote will get applied to them too so they can’t use bad votes to bring themselves up

I don’t understand what u mean.