Vote Reporting šŸ—³

When reporting an inappropriate build in JustBuild, most people tend to forget or donā€™t vote as they are trying to report it.

If you didnā€™t know, not voting the build actually gives a ā€œGoodā€ rating. This is to a workaround for the ā€œMeh spammersā€. But this causes for the inappropriate build to win! This needs to change as it is disgusting and unfair for other players.

This will stop for the bad apples to win, and promote their build in the podiums.

Iā€™m really passionate for this topic as I do think builds of NSFW content should not be seen by literal children who should NOT be seeing these kind of content. This is just one way to help avoid this problem.

Please read the replies below for more information
If you have questions, Iā€™m always here to answer them.

I might be annoying but I would like to add it in the Just Build Update (Iā€™ll credit you). Is that fine?

Anyway I really agree with this and itā€™s a great idea!

1 Like

Sure, go ahead :rofl:
I would also like you to link this post

2 Likes

Best thing to do is report them to Hive support

People can really abuse it

1 Like

I agree. That is the best way. Adding my suggestion will help more legit players win games and itā€™s more common than you think.

Case 1

Case 2

Case 3

Case 4

Case 5

Even I had some personal cases where I lost to inappropriate builds. This is a serious issue. If people have complained this much in the past 2 months inside the Discord, how many other players who dont speak in the Discord witnessed this?
Negating this problem is a must as it really is disgusting and vomit-inducing. You may have been desensitised but many children are not.

People can abuse anything but Hive has paid moderators to control these kind of behaviours. In the report section, the text says that any false reports will cause punishments. Saying something like ā€œplayers can abuseā€ is just not a good enough excuse. You donā€™t need to say that reporting will ā€œdownvote a buildā€ just like how Hive doesnā€™t say anything about how not voting gives a good rating.
Now only this, if you set the voting power to 0, it doesnā€™t help your own builds if theyā€™re not better than someone elseā€™s.

3 Likes

Maybe you could also add that if you are reporting, when it skips to the next build then you should still be reporting. Sorry if you canā€™t understand what I mean but to explain this better, letā€™s say you are in the middle of reporting a build. Then it skips to the next one and your not finished, so then you would have the option to resume your report and I know you could use /recentreplays for this but this would make it easier I think.

3 Likes

Why children 5-8 years old came to play featured server?:thinking: (Wrong Focus lol)

2 Likes

My sister who also plays The Hive is in the age group. For her to see that kind of content is just incredibly disgusting.

What would be the right focus, in your opinion?

3 Likes

-1 vote would be abused by meh spammers as it would literally take away a vote sooo

1 Like

I disagree. Players donā€™t need to know it takes away a vote. And I guarantee the majority of you didnā€™t know that not voting actually still gave a vote.

Like I said before, players can abuse anything. Anyone can simply install a hacked client but they most donā€™t. Why? Because of Hiveā€™s moderation team. They are paid staff that are meant to stop these kind of behaviours. Not only this, there are warnings that any false reports will cause to punishments.

If youā€™re still worried about players abusing this feature, you can still keep your xp even if youā€™ve been downvoted.

3 Likes

lik the idea wher u vote but the vote is 0 lik the whol inappropriate build

1 Like

uhhhh what?

1 Like

They want a vote of 0 instead of -1 (I assume)

3 Likes

wat i meant to say lol

2 Likes

No I just mean I focus on the age you mentioned first instead of your solution

1 Like

Make reporting an actual vote, this stops from inappropriate builds from winning.

1 Like

Itā€™s good to be back on this forum after a long while.

Iā€™ll just be honest, this 1000%. Thereā€™s no reason to to think that ā€˜mehā€™ spammers actually care about fairness or the Hiveā€™s ability to moderate this issue, so this is just simply going to spiral into a ā€˜reportā€™ spamming issue if it now counts for 0 (or -1) points. And I think we all know we donā€™t want that, especially as the team needs to constantly monitor these reports.

The Hiveā€™s voting system is similar to a lot of build battle style games, but Iā€™m sure that you are all aware that itā€™s flawed. I mean, youā€™re literally allowing your opponents to determine whether you win or not. Thatā€™s why ā€˜mehā€™ spammers exist, after all. So what Iā€™ll say is that reporting a build canā€™t count for fewer points than the lowest rating you can give. Otherwise, thatā€™s just whatā€™s gonna be spammed instead. And trust me, people will quickly learn even if you try to implement this secretly. I do agree however, that reporting a build shouldnā€™t default to a ā€˜goodā€™ rating. People forget to vote on reportable builds and giving a ā€˜goodā€™ rating, even by mistake, should be fixed.

TL;DR: Donā€™t give ā€˜mehā€™ spammers more power.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a fairly reasonable compromise. With this change, reporting only gives a vote of 1. This is equal to voting a ā€œMehā€ and is impossible to further abuse the already flawed voting system.

I donā€™t mind this change at all as it still achieves the same goal that my original post was aiming for.

2 Likes

As I know, meh rating gives 0.5 xp, so its still beneficial to just rate it with meh. But I strongly support this idea as I HATE INAPPROPRIATE BUILDINGS BE 1ST, while great buildings get lower places :confused: .

1 Like

People forget to vote when reporting. And this is a real issue as you can see here:

1 Like