Update: Prepare for the forum Xbox Live login migration

If I am correct, the hive wants to link the Xbox Live account email (which is your IGN) NOT your ms store email.

Those can be completely different emails, you can use 1 email for ms store and different one for xbox live

Also the reason why your MC broke is because the account you used didn’t have purchased mc.

1 Like

I’ve glitches it where I can go between two accounts and only have to buy it once.Plus I got it for free anyway.So I have 1 account for servers and one for speed running.

Are you talking about xbox or ms store? also why do you need two accs for servers and speedrunning?

3 Likes

On Xbox I found something where I can use multiple accounts for 1 game and I always get spammed invite on my main so my alt is for speed running.I have used ms like twice.

Is it possible to have forum updates delivered to a non-primary email? I don’t check my Microsoft Account email very often.

3 Likes

Are you able to see our non-primary emails? Just curious.

What will happen if we don’t link

You will be given a new forum account, and will have to contact support to get your old one back.

4 Likes

On the forums, or on your Microsoft account? Because yes to both

Forum: click on your profile picture on the top right, click the cog on the right, click “preferences” and scroll down to “email”

Microsoft: go here, click “manage how you sign in to Microsoft” and scroll down to “account alias” (example in images below)

Your primary email should be marked as such for both

Example images

(Ignore the highlighted part on the second image, as this was used for another demonstration)

2 Likes

He’s talking about if the hive’s staff can see them

1 Like

Ah gotcha, guess I misread the question. Will keep the post for anyone who is curious about how to see their emails I guess :+1:

2 Likes

Finally got the change done, im safe! phew

1 Like

what if ur xbox account is owned by ur parent (in my case)

edit; i read some stuff and i think a new account will have to be made, when the switch happens i will make a new welcome post and ect. so ppl know its me i just wont get hive+ perks but idm,

edit; edit; @clankstar could i sort something out so i get hive+ perks bc i have proof that its my account, and i have hive+, just bc my dad wont let me use his email for the forums, so i have to use mine…

1 Like

You can change the Primary Email for your Microsoft account to match your Forum Email.

1 Like

i dont have a mircosoft account, and my xbox account is linked to my dad

also has it happened yet?

No, not yet.

when will it happen

@EarthHades

2 Likes

ik image
@Brialgic