Turning arcade into a minigame hub

Hive recently removed the arcade hub to improve player counts for the games… but at the cost of losing the greatness of the hub

main suggestion
So the main issue is player counts so hive is putting these games into the main hub, having the games in the main hub is great! But hive could also transform the arcade hub into even more of a place to play such as interactables and new hub games (such as the previously planned soccer/football :eyes:)
I would think of this as a “minigame hub”
And another suggestion of mine would work well to improve the player counts for these games, Better hub game queues as well as access to the arcade hub games from the main hub

as a hub rat who luvs hive and is much in favor of a new hub, please don’t remove a hub that we all love and has so much work and detail put into it

Hub games are barely being played anyway, so removing them for now and releasing them within the new hub at a later points seems much more fitting.

While they could do something with the Arcade hub in the future, such as a DeathRun map or something, it isn’t really made for being a secondary hub, less people can see.

It surely is sad to see certain things such as the current parkours go, but I am sure that they will add even better parkours to the new hub, maybe even with (new/better) rewards this time

And yes, they put quite a lot of effort into the Arcade hub, but that’s the problem - They put so much effort into a secondary hub, less people can see, as all players spawn in the main hub upon joining the server.

Making the main hub be the cool place with many parkours, a train and maybe the hub games in the future is just overall a better idea, as that is how you show players what you have to offer.

8 Likes

I would like to add on to this idea of not removing the arcade hub, maybe keeping it as an archive behind the door at the chair in the castle in the new hub so that players can go and experience a place of a past hub.

9 Likes

I really like the VIP tower and it’s one of my favorite spots on Hive. I’ll be really sad to see it go. :pensive:

8 Likes

Remember the minigame hub(s) for Minecraft’s actual minigame thing? They had their old hub burried under the new one and the way to get to it was by doing some easter egg thing. The Hive should do that too!!

8 Likes

What? Was that in the 1.20 thing?

But yeah that would be nice. :slight_smile: maybe it could be geographically in a cave or something, or maybe it was up in the sky and the arcade fell down to the main hub. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

On legacy edition I think, idk
Had spleef, some flying game, and battles

7 Likes

Well with the new hub, SG will be back where it belongs!
But… what about the golden mailbots and the VIP tower?

3 Likes

Out with the old…

And in with the new!

But seriously, have you seen this hub?!
The buttresses and square towers, the quiet and elegant creek; it’s all but disappointing!

5 Likes

That means the golden mailbot costume will no longer be obtaineable! Another rare costume in my collection. :beedance:

5 Likes

I had 99 mailbots. I had one left, and they pulled this.

Nah im just kidding i did still have 99 and it’s really annoying and disappointing that they’re gone

9 Likes

Wait aren’t they still available until the new hub comes out? You should be able to get them still.

5 Likes

Me too. :frowning_face:
Oh come on! 10 characters!? I only need two!

3 Likes

Man if it was allowed I would definitely world download arcade hub :disappointed::disappointed:
I’m gonna miss Tokyo drifting with the bois

7 Likes

yeah i need to get on that

4 Likes

The arcade waa one of the main reasons i played on the Hive, and now its gone. I loved to just hang out there with friends and see all the different places (like the theatre and feris wheel). For me, Hive just isnt the same without it (this is coming from someone who was there when the arcade was announced, and there as it was shutting down). It was a nice place for explorers like me who have gotten tired of minigames. Please, Hive, bring it back :pensive:

5 Likes

Hey, atleast they let the Arcade have its birthday.

7 Likes

This post seems to have been somewhat forgotten. I’d like to add to all of this and how sad it is that the arcade hub is now gone. Ever since the arcade hub got released, I would be either roleplaying with my friends (which is how I actually met a new person who is now a great friend of mine) or recording silly skits. It is so sad that they removed it as I really liked the modern atmosphere it had, and, I personally believe some mounts such as the Cruiser and Hoverbike would fit much better in the arcade than this fantasy fairytale-like hub we have now. I hope to see them bring it back in some way, I personally don’t care if they add minigames to the arcade hub or not. I just want the arcade hub itself to be added back. Also, I see people saying how the arcade hub was so well made but no one would see it because they would spawn in the main hub, well, its literally just worse if they remove it completely rather than letting the people who know about it be there, its better to keep it with a small amount of players rather than removing it completely and leaving the “small” amount of players sad and perhaps even demotivated to come back to Hive.

2 Likes

Voted Top Idea W Idea they need consider this

1 Like

If they will never unvault the Arcade, it would be just a “Micro-Hub”. They decided to remove it as it was hiding games so, losing players. Some games almost died for this (see GW even now).

Anyway I think everyone enjoyed this suggestion should see this too.

1 Like