Top 5 things that Java players want to Bedrock HNS

[EDIT] I didn’t know that the suggestions need to be separate posts, sorry.

Now that the Java version of Hive is officially shutting down, a lot of Java players are looking for a new game to play. The problem with Bedrock Hide and Seek is that it lacks a lot of good features that are in Java. Some of these, of course, can’t be added for a reason or another, but some would improve the game a lot and make it more enjoyable for Bedrock players as well. I asked some Java players what they think that the game needs the most, and here is what keeps them out of Bedrock.

Point limitation and Leaderboards
Let’s face it. Grinding points with friends is addictive and getting higher on the leaderboard is motivating. It’s what keeps players playing the game daily. It was so disappointing to see that there’s is no opportunity for that in Bedrock. The ranks are alright, but why does the experience have a limit?

Block levels + Special blocks
I started playing Hide and Seek actively when these were added because I found it way more rewarding than just hiding and taunting for points. Basically, you have separate levels for each block and you get a reward every 5 levels and level 50 is the max level. I’m sure a lot of people would be motivated by this. Another Java feature is that you can buy blocks that aren’t map exclusive. Diamond… Obsidian… Redstone lamp etc. These could be unlocked by ranks or block levels as well.

:arrow_down: Already suggested? :arrow_down:

Seeker queue
I’m not the first one suggesting this but it’s one of the most wanted features. Besides, I don’t see the reason why it shouldn’t be added because some people just don’t want to seek.

Jump-Soliding
This feature was probably a bug in Java edition. However, it was a harmless one and actually brought more diversity to the game. There’s a more descriptive post about it here:

Java exclusive maps
There are a lot of maps that are only available in Java. Lotus, Shipyard, Hotel,… to name a few. The reason is probably that the maps are too large for console/mobile players. These maps have emotional value to Java players though and we would love to see them in the future when Java is gone - perhaps rebuilt?

These are only some of them! Feel free to comment if I missed any. I’d also like to know if these can’t be added and why.

I’d love to see some of the Java features to come over to bedrock, but I feel some of them may not work good. The rank system would completely change the game and possibly the server. Having only one game with an entirely different ranking system wouldn’t work out because ppl would want it for every game and that would take so long to implement.

Even if the did add it, some may not like the change in the system they had already and may not want to play on The Hive anymore.

1 Like

I like all the ideas, but I feel like this should be separated, each thread suggestion should be one idea each.

4 Likes

Yeah Hide and Seek is the only non event minigame without a leaderboard for some reason :c

7 Likes

Don’t do lists

Just because Java has it doesn’t mean bedrock should (just my opinion)

1 Like

I believe the seeker queue was suggested here a few months back.

1 Like

No, of course not only because of Java.
I feel like that there is nothing to achieve in the game and it gets boring for me. Of course any of these could be done another way but Java is a good example in my opinion.

1 Like

Thanks, I edited it so that it’s clearer to see it has been suggested already.

1 Like

this is something that i want for bedrock because i am bored every round punching the seeker and running

Came here just to suggest these. Jump soliding is a huge one that would open up so many great hiding spaces. Not sure why theres not a seekers queue, its a pretty easy and very useful tool. Also pls add villa lol