Talking about stats in Treasure Wars becoming Bed Wars

As you may have already read, in a few months, the game ‘Treasure Wars’ will be transformed into ‘Bed Wars.’ And there are some changes that are bothering a large part of the community… Let me explain. To start, I believe that renaming this game to ‘Bed Wars’ is a good thing; it will attract more players. The micro-hub looks amazing, as well as what it offers. The new UI is also a good idea; it brings a fresh look, and the new maps look great! However, there are a few issues. I’m not alone in this situation; most of us would like to keep our statistics and levels. Saving these statistics on a secondary website will result in everyone forgetting their stats, or on the contrary, some might want to leave The Hive because the goal of a significant number of players (more than you might think) is to grind levels, prestiges, wins, and statistics like KDR or kills, etc. My primary goal on The Hive was to reach Prestige V level 100 (just like many others), but it seems like that will never be possible now… So, I already know that lower-level players might think it’s a great idea, but please understand that you haven’t put in as much effort as us grinders. I’d like to know your opinion on what I’ve said, and for the lower-level players, please don’t say that resetting is a good thing because you will still be annoyed by the ‘sweats,’ even if levels are reset. (I’m echoing the arguments of some people I’ve talked to). Lastly, I find the damage indicator disturbing because strategically, there will be much more difficulty in battles; if an opponent sees that you’re weak, you’ll become a target. If you want to impress someone (to make them back off?), you won’t be able to if your opponent realizes your health. Vote in large numbers if you agree.

• m5wc

Yes please keep statistics! I get it would make the update take longer because they’d need to give everybody according cosmetics, but at the very least put old statistics in another spot in the microhub, that way you can still have those available at all times.

6 Likes

I don’t think people will care about TW stats they will still be available on the website, though I think Hive should keep the og gamemode (with stats) but no leaderboards, same for CS, we still want to play on the maps and have the old gameplay, this will be useful for scrimmers and sumo players

9 Likes

yes! pweaseee :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Everything would be fine if we could keep our stats and levels

10 Likes

Nicely put. Got my vote. Gl

5 Likes

Nah too many ppl have worked way to hard for stats and levels. And changing it to bedwars doesn’t make it any unique from any other servers. Instead of changing two to bedwars just update tw

9 Likes

Treasure wars used to be MY gamemode before I switched to skywars as you can see here: TabloidYT's Profile - The Hive. Im not mad at all about level reset and im actually quite happy about it. Finally have a reason to grind again. As for your statistics: as sad as it is to straight-up say, they are just deleting Treasure Wars. There is no " Oh its just a new version of Treasure Wars", they are deleting it and happen to add a new game called Bedwars.

This is something I agree with. Damage Indicators are a bad idea in general. From my experience in cubecraft; their Damage Indicators just decide not to work sometimes and I hope Hive reconsiders adding that.

6 Likes

I would rather keep the entire treasure wars as a whole and just add more prestige’s

10 Likes

This is a good idea as I have played this game for awhile and it is sad to have my levels basically reset. And I think this should transfer

5 Likes

I agree I’ve played the game since 2018 and got level 98 with breaks and feel like all of it will have been a complete waste

10 Likes

This is a good idea but just keeping tw is better

5 Likes

In my opinion, level should remain, it would be nice if instead of prestige there were stars without limits

6 Likes

Yeah, resetting progress just because the mechanics/aesthetics are changing does not seem fair at all. That kind of thing would definitely discourage a bunch of players who have built up their stats. Personally (even though I’m not particularly good at it), I think Treasure Wars is fine the way it is.

5 Likes

as a og tw lover, and grinder, I AGREE WITH THAT! please let the game be as competetive as before damage indicators will definitely ruin some strategies!

6 Likes

Here’s my (likely objectively incorect) opinion on the matter. The level reset thing sucks for grinders, but carrying over the stats doesn’t make sense. Treasure Wars isn’t becoming Bedwars. Bedwars is a new game that was coded from the ground up, and will be replacing Treasure Wars. The stats are being deleted because Treasure Wars is being completely removed.

Bedwars isn’t Treasure Wars’ update, it’s its successor. This is the first proper removal of a game that we’ve seen on Hive Bedrock, and while it sucks, I think Bedwars on Hive could be cool if we all stop thinking of it as Treasure Wars V2. I disagree with certain things about this change, and I sympathize with those who spent hours grinding, but at that point I think you’re taking this video game a bit too seriously. Nothing lasts forever, especially if it’s made of code.

Another thing, look at the partner ranks. The YouTubers say this is a good change, and although that may be because they just want the clickbait, we should remember that they know more about this update than we do. Some of them have likely even tested it. If it’s a good update, they’ll be among the first to know, so the fact that they’re saying it’s good makes me hopeful.

6 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking, content creators are happy with it because it make content for their videos and to be honest, most of them don’t grind levels/stats so they don’t even care about the game… Hive is gonna follow content creators and low levels only for money but don’t know that (an active) part of the community is gonna leave (or stop tw/bw) for a very long time. Even me. I hope that they are reading this and will give an answer someday…

5 Likes

oh wow thats a lot of new users hi welcome
ANYWAY
this would be great for the grinders, but tw really needs a reset and bw may be so different that the stats will be completely different to get if you know at all what I mean. besides, with tw seasons they probably wouldve reset stats for every season anyway at some point

1 Like

Instead of saying “we are giving for more than 125k $ for our community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:” just don’t reset the stats, it costs 0$.

6 Likes

Honestly if you were like me who had to create a new account so they could join the forums I like the fact that This new game might actually be good compared to the old one and it doesnt even matter to me if i lose 1 level

2 Likes