Skill-Based Matchmaking For Treasure Wars

This suggestion wasn’t for matching people on the same platform. The Hive already does that anyway for mobile players if enough people are playing Treasure Wars at the time of queueing.

That’s what I mean

The mobile queue won’t fill up

Theres barely a lot of high lvl players on mobile

So longer queues that possibly won’t fill

no, that’s what you were implying. Since Minecraft Bedrock is multiple platforms, it would match them regardless of what platform they’re playing on.

Uh uh

No way

Player based matchmaking is a thing

You can’t just replace that with sbm

That’s just gonna cause more problems

Users were already nagging for pbm

and this is why I said “if there are not enough prestiged players playing, then and only then will the game search for any match to put them in.” in my suggestion. I’m saying prioritize skill based matchmaking and then if there’s not enough people playing, then they get put into any match.

I agree with this post but there are major issues that come along with it.

See in a game like minecraft specially bedrock where there is multiple platforms plus multiple ways to play the game it becomes a challenge to really balance the matchmaking.
Like some people said, level doesn’t always mean higher skill cap. I am level 80 and I play like a blob, I’m not good at all.

Secondly, this type of matchmaking will happen if we have a seperate queue for this. So let’s say a separate catagory named “ranked” because if this is implemented in normal queues it would take really long queue times to get a match as there aren’t that many players who are high level playing the game at the same time.

Let’s take a scenario where this is implemented, like @anon57930395 said, people can very easily create alts to play with lower level players just for fun or to make those players feel bad. This is a major issue with all popular games like fortnite and even valorant. This is called smurfing and will be really frustrating to deal with.

1 Like

The Hive’s system already works like that though. Mobile players are matched with mobile players IF there are enough people online that are playing to match them with. If there are not enough people online, then you can see mobile players being thrown into pc and console lobbies. It would be the same with my suggestion. IF there are enough prestige and non prestige players online,, then skill based matchmaking is put into play and if there are not, oh well, the lobbies are mixed just like with mobile and pc/console players.

Still doesn’t change the fact that a prestige pc player who is terrible at the game will have to deal with all the sweats and pros

Because level doesnt mean skill

You can be prestiged from playing hive for years and can be total dogwater

And smurfing is another unnecessary problem as well

STUPID AUTOCORRECT

enforce a rule along the lines of “players caught alting with the intention of ‘smurfing’ will be punished”. It won’t stop them completely from doing it, but it will serve as a warning if they are caught then they’ll be punished. I can see it lowering the number of people who do it.

I wouldn’t be against this “ranked” queue you brought up. You could incentivize players who play there instead of regular queues by having some sort of XP multiplier or bonus in that gamemode only. For example, a single kill in a regular queue is worth 5XP while a single kill in ranked queue is worth 5 times “x.yz”%. It would reward players for winning/doing good against other people within their caliber thus making more people want to play there if their intention is to level up.

That’s not going to help anything adding that in the rules, people are going to think that nobody will catch them. Who knows? A java player can just join hive and be the best with it. And since he is new, he’s with the casual group.

to some extent, but it does mean experience which is important too. You could have a level 40 who may not be “unbreakable combo” level of good but at least they know what they’re doing. They know how much a set of iron armour costs, they know how to upgrade their generator, they know a good build that will better protect their treasure. While someone who might be a first time player may not know any of that.

That’s why self learning is a thing

I learned after a few days from self learning myself

It just comes naturally

There’s also youtube, the forums, or you can just ask someone

But that’s the fun of it, learning something new without being taught.

What are you saying here? Self learning can come from experience. One day you see someone build a pyramid structure to protect their treasure and realize it was harder to break through it than a cube structure so you decide to make pyramid structures from now on. You didn’t have to youtube what the best defense is? You’ll learn it through experience with time just by playing the game. When you keep playing the game, you also level up. You can’t say a level 20 player has never played the game before. How else would they be level 20? Therefore this player has been playing for some time and has an idea of what to do/how to play the game. Also casual players typically wouldn’t youtube stuff like that. If they’re playing for fun they shouldn’t be worried about using the optimal defense.

I’m so confused

I am going to leave before I thonk

alright goodbye

But a fresh alt will always be paired up with casuals

Noobs would be with new hackers. They wouldn’t report them, because of the fact they don’t know how. Nice idea, but probably not a game implemented feature/update they would add. :slight_smile:

this was brought up already but why would a prestiged player alt just to have to start over with everything when they have their main? All their stats on the alt don’t transfer over to the main so what would be the point of it?

High level players usually make alts to don’t get sniped

so they don’t care about the stats?