Shields in Skywars! πŸ›‘

Before you leave, hear me out

I believe that, shields, only being dropped by gold ore and only having 1-3 durability remaining would be an interesting new concept to the game, it would definately open the door for enhanced pvp combat, new traps, and a way to best your opponents that got full diamond before you. Just picture this, you are on your starter island, you mine the 1 diamond or you have, boots, great, you mine some gold, emerald, and redstone, because you need all the help you can get. You then start to bridge out to the other islands, when another player, with full diamond, except for THE BOOTS! Comes rushing at you! Theres no way you can escape it, then, you remember the new item that just got added to the game: SHIELDS! You check your inventory to find one from the gold you mined. You equip it and crouch by the edge where the player is coming. That player finishes their bridge, they jump off to easily 3 hit you, but they dont realize that they are so close to the edge when they hit! Your newly acquired shield send your opponent flying back and off the island! You live to fight another day! Then a sweat in full diamond armor tosses you around like a toy, but that is beside the point, shields would bring a whole new aspect to skywars, forcing vets to rethink their strategy, just as they had to when the fire sword got nerfed. Shields with 1-3 durability would be a super fun tool to have in skywars! Please vote if you agree!!!

Think of all the possibilities!
All the traps you and @EvidentP could come up with!

3 Likes

This would be EXTREMELY annoying on the middle ring of islands cause of the knockback shields give when you hit them. This may even end up more annoying than Nemo.

7 Likes

Exactly! It makes you rethink everything!

Just use snowballs.

4 Likes

this would make combat dull, not riveting and exciting. it removes the fluidity of the experience and would be really intrusive.

7 Likes

How would it make it dull? Do you not get that the shield would only survive like 2 hits?
It adds a whole new aspect of strategy and trapping.

1 Like

no its for yellow steves

4 Likes

It would get boring after getting bounced off multiple times.

4 Likes

Hi, dont double post

4 Likes

The shield would break after the first hit!

1 Like

Still would get boring.

3 Likes

u just did :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I was replying to two different posts, so i didnt

2 Likes

sureeeee
JK

1 Like

shields are already annoying in normal mcbe when i am dueling my friends. i would probably not play sw anymore if this gets added

2 Likes

Ehhhh
Goodish points
but like
Do we really need shields?

7 Likes

what we really need are skysharks

9 Likes

I think shields would be a nice addition if they had, like, 1-5 durability, but anymore would make them too overpowered in my opinion.

2 Likes

I like this idea but maybe making them less op and more like Java sheilds, but you got my vote!

2 Likes

While the idea of shields sounds cool, I think it would change the game of pvp, which a lot of people are really set in that way of pvp. It’d maybe be better if there was a twist on it, like how there is on the knockback nemo, but I could see it being too much of a game changer for it to be added normally :thinking:

3 Likes