Reward players for catching hackers

Most people are tired of hackers, but many people I know have the mindset of not reporting hackers because they think that it’s probably going to be the only encounter they will have with, so they don’t bother, or they think someone else will deal with it.

My proposal is that you need to rewards players for catchings hackers, to encourage and give players more of a reason to help catch and report hackers.

You could also add more and better rewards the more players catch hackers. Also what I said above can also be applied to rulebreakers in general

This might lead to people spamming false reports, or getting friends to go on alts & hack

18 Likes

More the former than the ladder, for example I run into people who I think are hacking, but don’t report since I don’t have the proper evidence. Maybe confirmed reports or something idk, but then player privacy so goen so yeah

4 Likes

Making the game better for yourself and others should be enough of a reason to report hackers, in my opinion.

10 Likes

I already report hackers as often as possible. A lot of other people seem to do so as well looking at the in game reporting channel on the discord

2 Likes

Yeah but If you went on an alt they could just ip ban you and use vpn blockers so they can’t use vpns and they only get rewarded for reporting real and true hackers not false ones.

That sounds great that you do that but my suggestion is meant to encourage more people who don’t care as much as you do.

Hive doesn’t ip-ban, may be something to do with Microsoft’s terms

5 Likes

This would almost definitely lead to an overwhelming amount of false reports and player boosting with alt accounts to get the rewards.
As @Complx mentioned, making the game better for yourself and others should be a good enough reward in itself.

3 Likes

Most people generally report in the discord, and most people don’t have nitro on their accounts and many people who do report only send an image of the hacker hacking or a short video, even the ones with nitro and report usually send short videos of the hacks and/or an image. which means that most reports wouldn’t take to long just read and decide. Also, I understand where you’re coming from with the spams of false reports and now I would like to add to my previous statement that if you post too many false reports you will get punished for spamming like a temp mute.

one of the staff told me that even without proof they look into reports just in case

2 Likes

The hive server is boosted by enough players to allow everyone to upload files up to 100 MB

9 Likes

I agree with @BlazeDrake. I think there would be alot of false reports and this would waste the Hive Teams time. Also I don’t see why a player should get a reward for this. I mean sure they helped catch a hacker but wouldn’t the hacker be caught sooner or later? And yes I also agree with @BlazeDrake about people creating alts and reporting themselves to get rewards.

6 Likes

Why can’t the staff ip ban? If they cant then hackers can just make alts and come back on the server? Making reporting not as helpful as it should be if the hackers could just coma back

2 Likes

Probably one of Microsoft’s online play policies or something as @xsurvived mentioned.

6 Likes

Why is Microsoft ruining our fun bro ? why can’t they just ip-ban hackers ??? what is refraining them from that ? they just want our money smh

3 Likes

I don’t live in europe, so idk.

well neither do i @Arthur

What does living in Europe have to do with anything.

Isn’t the reason Hive can’t do ip-bans because of Microsoft EULA policies or something?

1 Like