Potentially Better Voting System

TLDR (please read the entire suggestion though if you're going to comment)

Instead of the entire lobby voting on one build for 20 seconds, have it be person-by-person.
I’m not gonna explain it heavily in a TLDR so if you need more info read the whole suggestion.

We all know about how the voting system of Just Build it pretty wacky, whether its people giving Great and Love to an inappropriate build, or being able to know who the constructor of a build is by looking at who is holding a voting block or not, or people in parties just straight up telling that it’s their build.
All of this could be heavily reduced and sometimes stopped with the addition of a simple and easy change to Just Builds voting system.
What would this change be, you ask?
Well, Instead of having the whole lobby spectating and voting on one person’s build, it would go on a one-by-one basis.
One person would spectate and vote on one build. The voting time would be 20 seconds, as it normally is, and once the timer is up, they will be teleported to a “random” (there will probably have to be some sort of algorithm that prevents problems but you know what i mean by random) build that is not their own, vote on it, and repeat.
Some problems this change would solve would be as following

1: Bandwagon voters

These are the people who are looking over a build with not much work put into it, like someone just putting down a single Sponge for the theme “Cheese”.
You think that the build will be given mostly Meh’s and Okay’s, but all of a sudden, someone with a funny skin sits on top of the block and spams Love. Next thing you know, someone else finds it funny, and they start voting Love. Now the 1 block build ends up getting top 3, because someone found it funny, and that half the lobby find it funny, which they wouldn’t have before

2: Teamers

If you’ve ever played just build in a party, or in a vc with someone, most likely either you or the friend has told you “this is my build”
even if they don’t tell you to vote it a Love, you now know in you’re mind that it’s your friends build, which would give anyone some sort of bias. This could result in you rating is a Great instead of a Good.

3: Process of Elimination

This problem is also related to teaming. It is when you see the entire lobby holding out a vote, except one person. Maybe you dislike this person. Maybe it’s a person you view favorably. Maybe you don’t care. Whatever it is, knowing who the builder of a build is can be used to bias your vote, as stated in #2.

Please feel free to leave constructive criticism, as simply stating “This is a bad idea” doesn’t help me improve my suggestion or future ones i might make. State why you think its a bad suggestion, as it actually helps me.

1 Like

that’d make the voting long as hell and boring

bandwagon thing is rare, almost never seen that happen on any server with this gamemode

teamers are in every game, deal with it? i’d rather someone get an extra love-vote than spend like 5 minutes on voting lol
if you’re build is good enough then it’ll actually get higher votes

obviously there are unfair voters but what can you really good about that without the jb playerbase going down substantially

it’s not really a bad idea but it’s not something i see working nor being enjoyable

1 Like

I agree that the current system is a bit wack, but I think this suggestion here would solve some of the issues more than this suggestion would.

Most of the benefits are elaborated on on the other suggestion but I feel the biggest problem with this suggestion is that it doesn’t get rid of ‘meh’ voters, whereas the one I linked would. As Ryyuunn said, it would probably take longer than normal, as opposed to shaving off time.

it would take the same amount of time wdym

3 Likes