Please, reconsider some of the Sonic Marketplace DLC skins

New thread, updating everything that involves the Sonic Skin Pack on The Hive server, please vote there!

As it has been stated in many threads, the Sonic Marketplace skins are not able to be played anymore because they were updated (fixed some texture glitches) and they were already considered to be exempted after the Sonic event. But there has never been an explained reason per individual skin, just the whole pack. Some are big, some are like Steve and others small, but majority respect the rules under 4D skins on The Hive (and many The Hive exclusive skins are wider and taller than these like Friendly Dragon).

Right now the only two characters available from the pack (possible due to not being updated and devs overlooking them) are Dr. Eggman and Chaos 0.

As I’m a new user on the forums I can only attach 1 image, sorry for the back and forth between the text and image

1. Current available skins

These are example skins available right now on the server, the Festive Enderman is taller than normal and popular on the server as it’s a free skin. and Cactuar from FFVX, whose skin is smaller than Steve, I’ll use Cactuar for comparisons. Eggman’s skin is a little bit taller than Steve, nothing crazy and shorter than many skins. Chaos 0 is still shorter than Festive Enderman

2. Suggested to re-exempt

I consider these skins should be available because they are not as small as Cactuar, they are not wide or at least not wider than other skins available with wings. Infinite’s tail is as long as The Hive Tails skin from the Sonic event.

3. Probably small skins

These skins have their head lower than Cactuar’s head, E-101 Gamma and E-123 Omega are the bigger ones and while Ray is short, his tail kind of compensate it’s size.

Anyhow custom skins that have no head drawn make the skin really small compared to any of these skins, and they are usually used with some really good ideas like Among Us crewmate

I understand they are valid as when you put a helmet on custom skins their size is “fixed” to Steve’s size unlike these small Sonic skins.

4. Quills: wide debate

These three skins, iconic characters from the Sonic franchise and Sonic himself, are more or less the same height as Cactuar, but their quills are a problem, as they make the skins wide, not as wide as other available skins with wings, but as they are attached to their head cause a little problem. When looking down, the skins are taller, but when looking up, they are smaller. Anyhow a helmet would hide the quills.

Either if this suggestion is or isn’t considered, I hope there is at least an official statement on the reason why they can’t be playable anymore individually.

I personally hope there is a pass for some of them, I love Sonic and their characters and I don’t think they damage the gameplay in The Hive (specially in Hide & Seek, Murder Mystery, DeathRun and JustBuild) as much as a headless, legless, armless or camouflage skin may do. And it was proven during the few time these skins were available in the server.

3 Likes

I hope that this thread gets noticed. I also never seen these skins effect gameplay since there’s not really any cheap hitboxes and such. Also I don’t understand why they would permanently de-exempt a popular skin pack when they still exempt the Ducktales pack which is on par with the amount of 4d as the Sonic skins.

2 Likes