New game idea: "Space Arena"

I think it would be cool to create a game that runs along the lines of the classic arcade game Galaga. In this game, each player would be driving a Star Wars-style spaceship. The goal? Shoot down your opponents! Each player can shoot three rapid-fire laser blasts at a time, followed by a three-second cooldown. Each spaceship will be able to withstand two hits, but the third will cause them to explode and make the player plummet into the void. Players can grab power-ups in the form of multi-colored stars that randomly appear, including:

1. Five-second speed boost
  2. Force field that provides five seconds of invincibility
  3. Shooting a round of five lasers instead of just three
  4. Summoning an alien UFO that targets other players for four seconds
  5. Planting supernova mines that will damage any other ship upon contact
  6. Space sludge bombs will cover a victim’s windshield with goo (blindness effect) for five seconds

XP rewards could include new kill phrases, spaceship aesthetics and appearances, laser blaster colors, etc. I would love to hear some feedback and proposed tweaks about this proposal. (Also, I am not suggesting it be implemented in the upcoming June update… I know that the HIVE developers are probably up to their eyeballs in developing the new games. It’s just an idea :wink:)

Also, check out a similar game idea below.
What About Falcon Fighters?

Great idea should be in the suggestion category that way we can vote for it :beedance:

1 Like

Done! :+1:

This is actually a good idea. It brings back memories of the sonic event with the eggman boss fight. This game being in the arcade seems like it would be fun to play

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve never actually played any Sonic games, but the Sonic HIVE event back in '21 we really fun.

2 Likes