Modernize survival games

modernize survival games

SG is my favourite gamemode on the server, but its clear that it’s a very outdated game that lacks players. I think it should be replaced with a much more modern take on the battle royale genre

My idea is for SG to be replaced with a new game that follows a very similar premise, but plays much differently and is much faster paced. Instead of having massive lobbies of 24, reduce it to just 12 players solo and 6 teams duos. Maps would be much smaller and you could introduce things like speed books into the loot pool. This could offer a much more fun experience for those at a lower level of play and a much more competitive experience for the more experienced players. You could keep the same levels and rewards as SG, as spawn podiums and kill messages would still work the same, the game just moves much faster.

The loot pool should also be adjusted if this were to happen. Leather armour and wooden weapons would have to be removed and diamond armour/weapons would have to be more common. I also think it would be smart to introduce items such as ender pearls into the mix.

Welcome to the forums!
I completely agree, sg is very outdated. They should test this first, maybe as an ltm. A lot of players hate big changes, so it could either finish killing sg or revive it.

3 Likes