Making The YouTuber Rank Harder to get

As an actual youtube rank guy who got the views necessary to get the rank, I disagree with changing the requirements, but I would probably expect partner requirements to be changed in the not too distant future.

In the past month and a half, 11 people have gotten partnered, and they are:

• Amazing Chief
  • CmanWizard
  • Evident
  • FlzyyX
  • IgnacioBlades
  • Pizzas (sort of)
  • PotatoPie25
  • TurboPiggy
  • Tar1a
  • GEvids (tiktok)
  • nvxtn (tiktok)
  • daydream090 (tiktok)

@St1ick said that the Hive was making a lot of exceptions all of the sudden, but literally everyone from this list, with the exception of Tar1a, met the requirements for their rank at the time that they applied/got it. It’s just that a lot of people are growing at extremely fast rates while making Hive content currently.

This doesn’t mean that Hive partner is an easy rank to get, however. It means that the Hive’s content creation community is extremely healthy at the moment, and is growing. If more people are getting the rank, it means more people are watching Hive content, which is an indicator that the server’s playerbase is increasing.

Ultimately, if more partners keep getting added at the same rate they’ve been getting added recently, I do think the requirements for the rank will be increased. I don’t think that this is a good thing, because it just gatekeeps growing content creators from having their content displayed to a wider audience, as a result of people not seeing the in-game rank.

As for removing people’s partner ranks when they don’t get enough views, I don’t think this will happen. The Hive hasn’t seemed to be willing to remove peoples’ ranks when they drop out of the requirements for A WHILE, so I doubt that they would do this.

Sorry for the essay, and thanks for coming to my TED talk…

17 Likes

I feel like you misread this

I already answered this question, with the response of “no” they won’t be getting removed

I also did say that with this change, this would push creator to post more on TikTok or Twitch

Yeah, you misread or got the wrong idea about the entire thing

1 Like

You do realize how hard it is to get 5k views per video right?and i haven’t seen a single youtuber in the hub and i play literally every day

You do realize there are 7 games, nearly 45000+ people online and out of that many if we take on an average only 20 YT’s are actually online.

You have to take in Region, Time Zone, Game, Popularity (want to nick or not) and then the number of players. :+1:

1 Like

I read the post all the way through, and This I TBH Absolutely DISAGREE with, I only see a Youtuber rank every once in a great while, It’s not as common as this post says. And being a Youtuber myself, trying to work towards this rank, and ik this is my bias, this is just another problem I, and probably a few others have to face.

I’d say keep it the way it is. IK its blunt, but don’t be trying to make things harder for others.

3 Likes

throws bread instantly

I’m not sure why this thread exists. Like PotatoPie said, this is a signal that the Hive is growing as a server. Your argument makes the YT rank look like a bad thing, but it is a significant achievement.

I don’t usually like to pick every little thing in an argument, but I will do it for one or two things that you wrote:

This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard on the forums. The YouTube rank doesn’t make your content good, or even give you a boost. If you average 3,000 views, you average 3,000 views. The YT rank is just a symbol of achievement. It has no affect on your content, sub count, or views. Smaller creators will continue as normal (and hopefully grow their channel).

I also disagree with this statement. If the motivation to become a partner is just “to be cool”, that’s completely wrong. The inspiration for content should be to entertain others aswell as yourself. You shouldn’t mindlessly post content in “hopes of getting the yOuTuBe RaNk!1!11”. As I said before, the YouTube rank is an achievement, and more of a symbol of how far you’ve come.

6 Likes

I totally agree with @anon87562484 and @PotatoPie25!

While I love the community suggestions, I highly disagree that this should be something voted for/on. You shouldn’t have a say in how many is to many.

Does this suggestion truly effect you? Because this does seemingly affect many upcoming content creators on the server.

The entire list of “My main reasons are” do not in any way “majorly help the server”.

7 Likes

My plan is already working

I mean, the thing about seeing yters in the hub is that they tend to clump in the popular hub, so of course you’re going to see a bunch if you’re friends with someone in it & join it.

Wait a minute. So if you have YT rank and I see you in a server, my first question will be to ask what the name of your channel is. That itself is a benefit of having the YouTube rank- You get people to ask you what is your channel name if they’re actually interested. So having the rank is sometimes like promoting your channel because someone is bound to ask you the name of the channel and in a hub there aren’t less than 5 people if there’s a YT present.

You know I actually worded that wrong, what I meant to say is

“that with more player going with Twitch or Tik Tok, viewers from that platform might go into YouTube, and search up hive videos, and as such more people would watch smaller creators’ videos more often.”

That doesn’t make much sense. If you don’t use youtube, why would there being a hive creator on your preferred platform make you want to switch to it? And it wouldn’t help smaller creators in game, they’d have less powers to make better videos, and less of an incentive to make hive content as they’d have to work more to get the rank.

Hey there,

Just to preface this, I’ll start by stating that our requirements are under constant review, and should the need to increase/change them arise, we will of course consider this. As of right now, however, we will not be increasing the requirements.

I think it’s important to think about the numbers here. Over the last week, there have been no less than 2.4 million active players logging into The Hive. In contrast to this, as it currently stands, there are less than 100 partners.

Given that you are an active member of the community, you are a lot more likely to come across a partnered player than the vast majority of other players on our server. This happens as a result of having other community members on your friend list (some of whom likely have partners on their friend lists), as our server automatically puts you into hubs with your friends.

As a result of this, coming across a partner is naturally going to be less ‘special’ for you, as you are likely to see them more often. It is of course going to become slightly more common to come across partnered players as more are accepted, but this certainly isn’t a bad thing, and doesn’t make the rank any less special!

At the end of the day, there can never be too many partners, if a YouTube creator is getting 3,000+ views on their videos that feature The Hive, that’s positive for both them and us!

24 Likes