Mailbot Improvements

Hello!
It’s been a while since I posted here but I have come up with a suggestion to improve Mailbot.
For those of you who don’t know, Mailbot is this guy :arrow_down: who gives you messages on the Hive

He’s currently a bit useless (for me) as he only gives the occasional letters about some art competition coming up, surveys (never seen one myself), and thank you notes for buying something from the marketplace.

Now, onto the improvements.

1. Blog posts!
    Mailbot could become a lot more useful if you could see the blogs posted on playhive.com. It could give players who don’t know about the server’s site an idea of what’s happening on The Hive.

2. Support has arrived!
    This would be handy as people can get their questions answered directly from the server instead of going to support.playhive.com to find the answer to why anyone can’t see their message. Through this they’ll be able to find at what level they can get that really fancy unlock that someone they saw had.

3. Gifting!
    Players should be able to send gifts to other players from Mailbot. I mean, why have a MAILbot if he can’t mail. I’m not saying replace the mailboxes that are scattered around the hub. I’m saying make Mailbot a way to give gifts alongside the mailboxes. Maybe allow us to send gift messages like how @OnlyOrbi (sorry for the ping) has suggested in this post:
    :arrow_forward: Selectable Gift Messages.

A nice to have feature.

Maybe add more animations to Mailbot as he currently only has three things.

• How about adding a ‘cheerful animation’. Like the giant one had in the Arcade Hub :arrow_down:
    Look at how happy he is!

• A yawning animation would also be nice. As Mailbot is a sentient robot who is always awake. Maybe make him fall asleep sometimes :thinking:.

Anyway, these were my suggestions on how to improve Mailbot and make him more useful in helping players. Let me know your thoughts too :blush:.

How has this not been implemented yet!!! VOTED!!!

4 Likes

I love it.

2 Likes

they might not be able to do the support thing bc mojang doesnt let you do 1 on 1 conversations

1 Like

sigh

It doesn’t say anything about 1 on 1 conversations. The support just lets you answer a question without having to go to the actual site. At least, that’s how I interpreted it.

3 Likes

support.playhive.com is a site which has pre-made questions answered. There is no 1 to 1 conversation in it.

5 Likes

I don’t know what @RandomSheep2530 was saying about the support, but messaging players counts as 1 on 1 chat.

2 Likes

sigh #2

The suggestion states that it doesn’t have to be created by players. It can be selected and made by hive like the linked post.

Why do I keep pressing the wrong reply button
I’m talking to RicOnSwitch

3 Likes

Do you know the specifications of the 1 on 1 messaging policy? Even if the message is selected from a set made by the Hive, will it break the policy?

Also, I’m pretty sure the reply recipient system is kind of broken. I got a notification saying you replied to me, but we can’t see my pfp with the reply icon at the top of your post.

Edit: I was 100% sure I replied to you, but here we are… :melting_face:

4 Likes

oh wait I legitimately thought if there werent any keywords it would tell a mod/admin- i probably look stupid lol

The hive can do a chat with player to moderatorS. It doesn’t have to be one person

3 Likes