Killstreaks / Game Update in Ground Wars

Before you comment, note that this is not a duplicate and is distinct from the other Ground Kars killstreaks posts.

I think that in Ground Wars what I, and I’m assuming several others like doing is trying to get a high killstreak. Unfortunately outside of scrolling through chat you are unable to see what your killstreak is, and there is no way whatsoever to see what your highest ever killstreak is. (also I say killstreak a lot here so Ima just shorten it to KS)

I also think that Ground Wars needs an update really badly, considering its the least popular game on the server right now, and I think with good reason too.

Killstreak Statistics

This one should be fairly easy to explain. I think you should be able to see your KS’s:

1. In the hud - I think that next to your Total Kills and Deaths in the Top Right you should be able to see your current KS, if anyone wants to give ideas for an icon that’d be great.

2. At the end of a game - I think that instead of having a place for whoever placed the most blocks it should be who got the highest KS.

3. In the lobbies and API - I think it should show your highest ever KS in the lobby stats and the API.

Chat Messages + Unlockables?

I think that in chat every multiple of say, 5, kills someone gets in a KS it will have a chat message.
e.g. AculAce has reached a Killstreak of 5.

They could have different messages for higher numbers aswell
e.g. AculAce is on fire with a Killstreak of 20!

Since ground wars is greatly lacking game cosmetics at the moment, the killstreak messages could be cosmetics. (idk what levels or order these are just ideas)
Examples:
On Fire
On a Rampage
Obliterating [team colour]

XP Multiplier

So this is a suggestion I really like that suggests an xp multiplier on each kill, increasing with the KS, you can vote for it here

Power Ups

Some ideas for power ups you get with a KS are:

Refill - refills eggs and blocks to 16 and 64. this can be received on 5’s, e.g. KS of 5, 15, 25 etc.

Armor - KS’s received on 10’s, at 10 upgrades to iron, but if you already have it you get diamond, at 20 gives diamond no matter what

Egg Strike - Will kill the entire enemy team at once (the ground gained per kill may be maxed at 2 or 3 idk) I’m not sure on the level so vote on occinh’s poll I’m the comments

Feel Free to suggest other killstreak bonuses

I think that this would be enough to get more people playing Ground Wars because its only been out for a month and a bit and it’s real dead. This took me almost an hour to type so support is appreciated immensely.

:egg: we need this back for Ground Wars posts

Thanks for reading this very looooooooong post and uh yeah. thats all. bye.
Any and all feedback provided is appreciated

2 Likes

Can someone help me, I tried making a poll, but it didn’t work, obviously because there’s a space between [/ and poll], so I go to fix it but it says there isn’t a space. And when I was typing it on pc it showed the poll in the preview box

1 Like
thing
  • Less than a 25 Killstreak
  • 25 Killstreak
  • 30 Killlstreak
  • More than a 30 Kill streak

0 voters

also this is a good suggestion

2 Likes

i don’t like the powerups because im abit confused on how they work.
a egg refill for a 5 KS? I like that you should find a refill powerup or be conservative of your eggs. Same with armor updgrade, and kill strike if reall op so for you (whatever number)th KS you instantly get 2 or 3 more territory? Sorry no.

Everything else is good though, I’ll still vote.

1 Like

Well my reason for it is that, in most ground wars games the top killer has only ~20 kills so if someone got say, 30 kills, then that means the games being very drawn out, and I really don’t think you understand how near impossible it would be to get a 25 or 30 kill streak in a game. So, I think that it’s balanced. Also I feel like it’s an obligation for any game with KS bonuses to kill the entire other team if you get a high enough KS.

My reasoning for the other two is just that it encourages for your teammates to not just run out, spam shots randomly and die. But I can see why a refill at 5 kills may not be great. Maybe just a random egg type (kb, bomb, blind) would be good aswell.

But yeah, out of all of them the ones I did feel the most iffy on were the powerups. The other things I think would just improve the game.

1 Like

Again, I like the aspect of running around to collect powerups, even while on a hot streak. Perhaps those powerups could spawn as soon as thos KS’s were met. So if some one got a 5 KS a refill powerup would spawn instantly, maybe even two. Same with the 10 KS armour Powerup.

Now that you put it like that, it would be rare for someone to get a high KS, but just because something is rare, doesn’t mean its balanced.
Having lightning strike down on all players, instantly killing them would be cool and could be a hive content idea. “I got the LIGHTNING STRIKE in hive groundwars!

So yea, i guess it would be cool with a 30 KS requirement.

1 Like

Bumping because for more people to see, also because groundwars is still pretty bad

3 Likes

bumpy wumpy uwu because i linked an old post but didn’t bump it ON NATIONAL BUMP YOUR GROUNDWARS POST DAY ARRHHHGHGGHG

1 Like

This, but stiller

1 Like

Yeah GW is pretty bad.
IMG_1554

Also I would love to be able to see my kill streaks! If they show up in the api that would also be great. :smile:

1 Like

like a max ks?

1 Like

Basically. It could work like TW winstreaks.

1 Like