Hub Level and Achievement System

Idea: There should be a hub level.

More information: Credit to @Pez for the original idea I’m basing this off of, but I had a load of ideas more that I thought warranted a separate suggestion. Check their’s out too.

This is going to be a long post and I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it’s deleted but I need to put it out anyways. Skip it if you don’t want a 5+ minute read

My idea with a hub level is that it’d basically be a Hive achievement system. Basically it’d be an infinite level with no cap so you can see the veterans and the newbies. It wouldn’t be exp based like the minigames either. Instead, the more tasks you complete will give you a solid level. I’ll be giving a more detailed tasks list below, but basically just think of it as advancements, achievements, trophies, whatever you want to call them, but for Hive. The more tasks you complete the better the level and the more you’ll stand out. Now for everything that will get you a hub level.

1. Minigame Levels
    Obviously considering it’s a Minigame server, the more levels you get in minigames should be the more you get in hub. In this case it’d be milestones. Now in this case it’d be every 10 levels you get 1 hub level. Another way is to have different milestones for different minigames but there can always be an increase in minigame levels we don’t know about so 10 for all seems like a pretty solid number.
    So taking into consideration all the different level caps this would equate to 22 levels if you’re max level in everything.
  2. Quests
    This one is simple, the more quests you complete the more levels you get. But here’s where the achievement system comes in; basically it’s like tiers. Tier I would be complete 1 quest. Tier II would be 5, Tier III 10, Tier IV 25, Tier V 50, Tier VI 100, and Tier VII a whopping 1000 quests. Also something I could through into this category is the monthly quest shop skin giving you another level.
    Each one of these would give 1 level making the total amount of levels you can get is 7 for the Tiers and currently 3 for the monthly skins.
  3. Hub Activities
    Another simple one, this one gives 1 level for every hub event you participate in. Did you find the Dora the Explorer title? That’s 1 level. Did you find the limited time black hole? That’s another (obviously that wouldn’t count but future things similar to that), were you there to bring in the winter hub? You guessed it, another level for you.
    This would mean that there’s theoretically an infinite amount of levels which would bring a nice exclusivity to people.
  4. Holiday Events and Item Hunts
    This one is just if you logged on during X date - X date for the holiday event you get 1 level, and if you completed their respective hunt you get another.
  5. Ranks
    Here’s where the real exclusivity comes in, and a hefty chunk of levels at that. If you don’t have a rank you get nothing. However if you have Hive+ you get 5 levels. Now here’s the controversial ones. If you get YT rank you get 10, Helper rank 25, Admin rank 50, and any member of Team Nectar gets 100. I say controversial because having those ranks is an honor in itself, but I still stick by it.
  6. Minigame Achievements
    This one will basically coexist with quests by using the tier system I mentioned way up at the top. Basically every minigame will have tiers. For example, DR would have a Leap 1 time, 10 times, etc, portals, and traps activated. TW would be treasures destroyed, gold collected, and kills. SG would be crates opened, supply crates opened, cache cows opened, kills, and deathmatches reached. Hide would be taunts used, minutes hidden, seekers killed, and hiders killed. MM would be coins collected, murderers killed, innocents killed as murderer, and interactables used. All gamemodes will have a be on podium and 1st place/win.
    Now obviously the tiers wouldn’t all be the same. For example, the final tier for SG crates could be open 1000, whereas supply crates could be 100. The harder the task the less you have to do it.
  7. Hive Purchases
    This one will 110% be frowned upon. Basically, every costume, hive skin pack, hive map, and any other store item you buy will give you a level. Some may say it’s pay to win, but in my eyes you’re not really winning anything but a number at the bottom of the screen. This will also include if you’ve been gifted the costume.
  8. Parkour
    This one is simple, basically all the parkours in the multiple minigame hubs will give a level at the end of it and the main hub will give 2, one for each of the title bots.
  9. Team Nectar
    This one basically goes as follows; if you’ve done something noteworthy that has been recognized by a Team Nectar member as a good deed for either them or the community, they can give you a level or multiple. Really it’s up to them.

As for the rewards it’d just be titles, avatars, and maybe a skin every now and then.
Just as an example, level 1 could give the “Newbee” hub title, level 5 could give the “Babee” avatar, level 50 could give a Queen Bee costume, etc etc. and in between could be any choice of minigame cosmetics. Obviously with infinite levels it’d be hard to give out cosmetics, but the numbers themselves would be a nice thing to have to.

1 Like

I thought about it and even suggested it on Pez’s thing, but giving it more thought I just didn’t add it. If it was in I’d say it’d just be either every day up to 10 gives a level. Either that or every day in general. However if you loose your streak you don’t get levels until you get back to your previous spot.

1 Like

I think instead of minigame levels it should be like 1 level for 150 games of TW played or something, since this level isn’t capped, I’m ok with this though

3 Likes

I agree with everything but purchases and ranks, as that would make hub level pure pay to win.

2 Likes

I’m going to bump this once again, and provide more feedback this time. Overall, the achievement portion of this suggestion would be awesome, I think it would be amazing to be able to earn achievements and unlock exclusive hub titles and avatars that no one else would have access to. I think it would be interesting if there were monthly/biweekly achievements that would be exclusive, and then have a separate, longer, lifetime achievement tree. If anyone would like to vote for the hub level aspect of this suggestion, here’s a link to a separate suggestion.

2 Likes