Hiding Levels in Waiting Lobbies

Personally I think when im gonna join a Survival Game match im gonna target the player with the highest level as stereotypically they are gonna be the best players in the game, right? nothing wrong with that.
However obviously I hate that when it happens to me, so maybe just an option to set your level to one, obviously its just a way of hiding your level and stop targetting.
I understand that you may question the point of even showing/hiding levels and surely it demeans the people that achieve the levels and if people use the perks its clear anyway, but it would stop targetting off spawn and should be completely optional, and maybe even if you only receive it after you reach max level of the gamemode, so you can occasionally have a casual match.

Let me know what you think.

3 Likes

I like this and I can see how it might help, but if a player sees someone in the lobby and they notice that they’re level 1, and then in the game they get absolutely comboed, this would lead some players to think that they’re hacking or cheating. A lot of players who are low-leveled and seem good are probably hacking. (Not always, though!) I’m not trying to make a blanket statement and call all low-leveled, skilled players hackers, but that’s usually how it is. This would lead to false reporting or even false banning. How many level 1’s have you seen that can legitimately combo someone? Again, not trying to demean this, but this would be a huge issue.

5 Likes

Though I admit targeting may be an issue, I’m not really sure this is the way to solve it. Also, I’d like to point out that you can usually tell roughly where someone’s level is in a game anyway by their unlocks. In SG, you can immediately tell by what podiums people have (unless you’ve selected a low level one).

I’m also not sure how they’d be able to implement level-spoofing from a coding standpoint, but I don’t know much about that front so it could be entirely possible. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

like the level doesnt have to be 1 it could be randomised or something, and hackers shouldnt just be scouted via level but I 100% see where you are coming from, aswell as that, id expect staff to be able to check the player before banning them aswell, and im pretty sure every good player has been hackusated multiple times even if they arent reported.

2 Likes

well that would be completely upto the user to change there podiums and kill messages, the same as I would do for treasure wars for the treasure, like if you want a casual game, your gonna have to go out of your way to get it unfortunately.

2 Likes

I usually just hide somewhere and sneak so the “bad-good” players (the ones who know how to play properly but just a little bit) don’t leave.
I feel like this is a viable solution for now.

3 Likes

BUMP

also if the hive staff god people are unwilling to allow a level change feature, or unable to implement it in a way that doesn’t stand out, etc, I have an alternate solution - instead of changing the levels above someone’s head or hiding them completely, a simple color change would probably do the trick. Just have an option in toggles (or maybe its a setting or command (/gray or something idk)) to turn on a toggle that makes it so that whenever u have a level over ur head it’s gray no matter what. This would help to avoid hacktuation situations (“you’re just a lv 1 how did u combo me across the map and kill me in treasure wars, u must be a hacker” or something like that) while at the same time giving top players a bit of protection against targetting.

Sorry for bumping but I’m not sure if this was ever adressed and I feel that fixing this problem somehow would be a huge improvement to The Hive.

I think it would a good idea to also hide it in chat as well!

No, that would be bad imo. Haccusating would be annoying to deal with and also the option is there to just not chat if u dont want to be targeted. Otherwise, I would agree with you.

1 Like

You can hide your level by crouching/sneaking

1 Like

It’s very obvious who’s doing that, and also theres a brief moment when even when ur crouching ur nametag is still visible when joining a lobby.

Bruh it would hide your level not ign.

lmao it also shows ur level

Please reread the suggestion.

When your nametag is visible so is your level… Im saying that if u want to hide ur level by crouching in a lobby there’s still a brief bit where clientside ur crouching but serverside ur not when joining a new lobby, meaning your nametag AND your level are briefly visible. I am aware that the suggestion would only hide or disguise your level in some way.

1 Like

People will recognize the names of players that are really good and target them still, hiding the levels will not change a thing. Might help for a few rounds but then it’s back to the same thing.

The point isn’t to stop the good players from targeting the other good players, its to stop the random children from mobbing the high level dude at the start of every game. Alternatively, we could allow for nicks which could help with your point. I agree, names allow for targeting as well.

Currently, people will wear cringy emo tryhard skins which also get them targeted, so I’m not sure how many people would even use a /nick or /hidelevel command if it was implemented.

2 Likes

Bruh, they could just make it so the lvl doesn’t appear on your nametag at all. If they can add it to your nametag they can remove it.

1 Like

Are you suggesting that all players would have their level hidden, otherwise I’m assuming people could see the flaws

Weird topic. Hiding levels won’t fix the issue, being able to use nicknames would cause huge problems with reporting and such things. If someone is targeting you game after game then report them?? Pretty sure targeting happens very little anyways. If you see someone that targets you then feel free to re-queue.

1 Like