An Option to Hide your Level- Reducing Targeting and Toxicity

Party chat is being tested for all regions, and flexing your cosmetics is the exact same thing as flexing your level

1 Like

And if your team mates aren’t in a party?

I guess. What level are you anyways?

1 Like

Hmm…

You got a point right there. I still think this should be added tho, to reduce targeting and toxicity. As I said, there should be an option to set your cosmetics to default and I guess cosmetics aren’t that cool anyway

2 Likes

Im 39 and id still use this

1 Like

Everyone would just hide there level for no reason, and it would be boring. Besides, in squads, you either rush one team, or another. Sometimes 2 teams will target you at once just by chance. As for the toxicity, you can report that in the Hive’s official discord server

3 Likes

Not really, I don’t see how it would be boring. Most people probably wouldn’t even know about the command. Also, I think it’s better to have everyone hide their level, then everyone target the high level player. I still don’t get why the hive even shows the level, other than flexing.

That is true, but a lot of players don’t know about the discord, and just reporting the people that are toxic wouldn’t really solve the toxicity problem imo.

Welp I’ve never seen any real enforcement against toxicity, idk if that is helpful.
I get that ur levels are shown with ur name in lobby, but why chats? in fact, both level and team color should not be shown in the chats imo.

1 Like

People who are reported to be toxic get muted. If they’re muted, they can’t be toxic, and will think twice about it in the future

This is actually the perfect solution to the targeting issue; There’s a reason it does happen as often in Skywars

2 Likes

While I think targeting happens irrespective of level, not showing lvls at all should be a solution. like not show any lvls at all, anywhere. of-course, some ppl would like to flex, so there could be an option in the global locker, kinda like with costumes. I can see 4 possible options to have in the locker,
1- dont show lvls at all
2- dont show lvls in chat
3- dont show lvls in game lobby
4- show all lvls
I think this is what we all can agree upon.

maybe a /levelnick command? you’d unlock it at max level (or somewhere close to that) and you’d be able to change the number to whatever you want (obviously not above the max)

2 Likes

Not showing the team you’re on in chat fixes the targeting better. Half the lobby would be hiding their levels, and I think they’re interesting to see.
Reporting people fixes the toxicity part.
Therefore, I don’t think it’s necessary at all.

1 Like

If you unlocked it close to max, everyone would know you are high level anyway

1 Like

More like, having the command at lvl 50, then you could set the lvl at anything upto ur current lvl, not higher ofc.

But ngl, I like my suggestion better lol

how? you’d change it to a lower level and poof, no one knows ur a high level

Maybe the command for it could be /togglelevel

I’m Level 27 in TW … so being targeted isn’t something I have to deal with. I can see why other people would want this and it seems like a flawless idea. Isn’t this a bit close to Hiding Levels in Waiting Lobbies though?

You sure about that? If your low lvl, u can get targeted because ppl will think ur a free kill. Ive seen this happen to me.

Hey there, this seems like a duplicate suggestion of this post: Hiding Levels in Waiting Lobbies
In the future please use the forum’s search feature to ensure you aren’t creating a duplicate suggestion :+1:

4 Likes