Hide & Seek - several ideas to improve the gameplay

Idea:

Again, I had a lot of ideas there, I tried narrowing down the most interesting one the best possible. Here they are :

• implementing Java maps ?

that would be freaking awesome ; it could be moreover easy as it’s already existing.

• have to maybe redefine the concept of this game : running around should be rewarded (could go to lvl80 this way), hiding as a cleverly not obvious block too (like TNT or diamond block)

many players at one point in time, moreover the ones who played a lot this game, find fun to be able to run around to try to get not caught, as a challenge : this could be an opportunity to expand the game further.

• be able to rotate the block to hide better

I talked about it before in forum, I don’t understand why it is not a thing yet as it would definitively help hide better

• doors work perfectly in Survival, why not applying this here ?

oh, this. I noticed that doors indeed are working exactly the way it should be, so I was wondering : why not applying the same thing in Hide&Seek then ? Maybe it’s because of version applied to the games, but I just wanted to point out this, to maybe find the opportunity to solve the door issue once and for all.

1. I’m not sure if maps on Java would suit on Bedrock as there are many mobile players(but this may not influence too much)
  2. It can be a great idea to reward those who kept running around but still survived
    3&4. I don’t know how to say but on Java’s Hide&Seek you can’t change block when the game starts and doors…well I don’t really think they are a good idea(but I don’t know how to describe the reason
1 Like

Tons of java maps have already been implemented.

4 Likes

Could you give some examples

1 Like

I fully agree, adding them as they are isn’t a great idea, especially if they are VERY old java maps, though I think Hive could definitely edit existing maps or at least maybe allowing them to be played in Custom Servers?

There is a topic about voting for three Java maps, I suggest you vote for it here (Sequoia, Pineapple Port and Hotel California)

I personally think hiding should be rewarded over running as encouraging running would make the game much harder than it already is for seekers to win the game. A way to make hiding more fun and rewarding could be the reintroduction of block levels, jump/dropsoliding and buyable blocks from Java.

Check this suggestion here

I agree, though there is a topic that supports this already here

Doors were made uninteractable to fix the “Annoying Door Sound Glitch”. Hopefully there is a way the Hive can fix this but a suggestion already asking for their functionality to return can be found here

Kingston, Goldrush, Hospital, China Town, Talavera, Town Square, Pripyat, Office (CS: Office on Java), Sunset Terrace, Nexus City and Humbug Street (Humbug St. on Java) Are all Ex-Java maps. Hope this helps :smile: !

6 Likes