Ground Wars fix's/balances

So Ground Wars was recently added back to the Hive in their new Arcade mode! But after grinding 11 levels in the game, there would be a couple things I would like to change.

- 1 xp for picking up a powerup:

If you get 1 xp from picking up powerups, it gives more of a reason to pick up the ones that are a little more useless than the others, such as the knockback powerup.

- Kicking players that are afk for 30 seconds in the game:

I have had so many teammates go afk in Ground wars. Because people afk for xp, I have found level 5’s that have gotten all of their levels in a poor way. Its so frustrating to see my 11 levels look bad to someone who is higher level than me but has gotten all of their levels poorly. Also, Ground Wars is a hard game to get xp/grind. So afking ruins the value of the levels.

- Add a freezing power up:

Like the Blindness powerup, the freezing power up would freeze all nearby enemy’s for 4 seconds. I feal like this would help kill the players who are better at dogging your eggs.

- Give the losing team a better chance:

To give the losing team a better chance, when they have like 15 blocks of territory left, have more power ups spawn in their area.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post!!! :beedance:

5 Likes

Oh nice!! A section of a post that allows me to break down and analyse. drinks water okay lets go…

Summary Breakdown

If you get 1 xp from picking up powerups, it gives more of a reason to pick up the ones that are a little more useless than the others, such as the knockback powerup

I like the idea of this having a way of getting xp and all but I feel like this MAY make people annoyed. Let me explain. As you know you are out of eggs right? And theres another person at 10 eggs. They see a refill powerup they dont need and they take it knowing about the extra XP. This may get annoying if this would happen.

I have had so many teammates go afk in Ground wars. Because people afk for xp, I have found level 5’s that have gotten all of their levels in a poor way

Surprisingly i’m level 6 and I have not seen anybody do this so far. Probably because I don’t notice these sort of things but im even suprised theres no afk kick in the game.

Its so frustrating to see my 11 levels look bad to someone who is higher level than me but has gotten all of their levels poorly. Also, Ground Wars is a hard game to get xp/grind. So afking ruins the value of the levels

I can actually agree with this, afking will actually ruin the game if there is no afk kicking in a game. Lets be honest, every game should have an afk kick in place. Maybe the hive forgot or had different intentions for it?

And yes afking does ruin the value of levels. I know a lot of people have the time to afk for hours at a time.

Like the Blindness powerup, the freezing power up would freeze all nearby enemy’s for 4 seconds. I feal like this would help kill the players who are better at dogging your eggs

I- cough 4 Seconds?!?!?! Thats gonna make me slam my keyboard on the desk if I get hit with one of those bad boys. I’d say nerf that down by 50% to make it 1-2 seconds depending how close to the landing radius it is.

However this is very overpowered. Players (Who actually play and dont afk) should know to aim ahead of the person if the are running to get the delay of throwing to actually hit the player. This might be a skill to learn but I can assure you that as you keep playing you will get better and better at accurately hitting the player(s)

To give the losing team a better chance, when they have like 15 blocks of territory left, have more power ups spawn in their area

I’m pretty sure (NOT CERTAIN) powerups spawn randomly everywhere across the map like it has a random chance to go elsewhere.

Final Notes

Overall this is a good suggestion

Keep up the good suggestions

Typo(s)

“Forums” → “post”

1 Like

Yeah I agree 4 seconds is kinda OTT

2 Likes

I think this is a great idea! Thanks for the feedback!!!

1 Like

this ground wars topic has some xp changes, so you might want to vote or comment on that.
Crystal has written yet another essay and I mainly agree with it, but I do like the thing about teams with super low territory getting more powerups.

3 Likes

It does, but I disagree with some of the things said in that post. The changes they want would ruin the value of Ground Wars levels :frowning:. Hope you understand why I will not vote for that post.

2 Likes

Pleasure to help

1 Like

I like this but…

Id change the factor of freezing egg. As stated already, take it down to 1 or 2. Mabey 3 if its a direct hit. Mabey make it a slowness egg that gives you slowness 3.

2 Likes

i wonder if u could make armour spawn inside the spawn of the team when their territory gets very low, hidden from the outside so the other team cant get the powerups. That could be interesting.

3 Likes

This is a great idea, thanks for the feedback!!!

1 Like

if its a direct hit it should kill them just like every other powerup right

1 Like

Yes, most definitly.