Going inside shop keeper

We have all seen it, you try to kill someone and they hide in the shop keeper, so when you try to kill them it sends you to the shop unless if you are careful about where you hit. This should be removed because its abusing the hit-box of the shop keeper and most people i’ve talked to people about it and they agree that its super annoying. All that needs to be changed is a roof or a slab on the floor (depending on the map). Just anything to prevent people from hiding inside the shop keeper.

I hate when people do this, Hive could also possibly put the NPC inside invisible bedrock.
Although I don’t know how NPCs work while in invisible bedrock

5 Likes

I was thinking the same thing except probably with some slabs around his feet and on his head. You can still see most of the shop keeper but its impossible to get inside the hit-box. Just need some slabs or blocks to fix one of the most annoying things in this game.

2 Likes

They could keep breaking the slabs until they glitch in. I think they could put barrier blocks inside the shopkeeper instead.

3 Likes

It’s a legitimate strategy they people do to buying items when they’re in tense situations. The Hive should know this is possible by now.

Edit: And if they’re not buying anything just angle your hits it’s impossible to completely hide inside the shop keeper.

6 Likes

Whenever someone does this, i just trap them in the item shop.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this before it very frustrating you could make like a custom block that looks like an npc

Bump, someone made a dupe and this is a good suggestion! :+1:

3 Likes

we can make the hitbox of the shopkeeper in only like a key placefor example the head or the big pink nose lol
so when we aim at the body of the shopkeeper we hit the player instead of the shopkeeper

but i dont think it will be possible to change the hibox

1 Like

I think maybe instead of modifying the hitbox, the shop can no longer be punchable to use, so you can hit players inside the shop.

I asked the discord server. A helper said it is frowned upon.

4 Likes

Just put air barriers around it, its all you need. You can’t destroy them, only worry is e-pearling into a 1 block hole with it.

Or instead of the barriers surrounding it, the barriers could be in it, so you can’t get inside. Just to clarify, trapping people in the shop is against the rules, because it is inescapable

7 Likes

what if they make the shopkeeper a solid entity?

1 Like

Yes, exactly

Why would they go inside in the first place? I think they deserve to suffer if they’re making the game more annoying for others by abusing the glitch

2 Likes

Well one’s against the rules and one’s not, moralities aside. If this suggestion gets added it won’t be an issue anymore

2 Likes

the problem is pe players have to long press to interact so its a disadvantage to pe players

4 Likes

yeah it’s annoying but u can still hit them and get them out sometimes. but I hope to make some changes .

Oh yeah I haven’t thought of that.