Gog for President

Idea:

I think a great way to make the hub more lively is to add an interactive president that will change some things about the server in weekly intervals.

Of course there is only one true candidate for a President on the Hive, our very good friend gog. Gog will start a new age on the Hive, one of prosperity and gog. I believe this will greatly enhance the playercount on the server, up to 3x, and is a feature many people are wanting.

More information:

Gog would be found in the central area of the Hub, where you can interact with him for quests. Once a certain percentage of players have completed all of their quests, this will unlock a new feature in the hub or a temporary change to a gamemode, or maybe even releasing an LTM.

These features will be largely beneficial and enjoyable to all players, such as a cosmetic building shop, which will allow you to create hats and costumes using blueprints, adding lore to the Hive suggesting costumes are indeed costumes for a dress up party, which gog organised. I hope you all enjoy my suggestion. Gog for President!

This is an amazing idea

1 Like

Incentivising more players to game by repackaging vaulted Hive content? That’s an awesome idea that I’d like to see potentially added!

3 Likes

I think this could be OK, but I wouldn’t have this “gog” as president. Maybe someone in The Hive team, like a Dev, or a :splodger: .

6 Likes

Not to be a poopooer, but I don’t think gog is the right option. If we are going for some sort of mascot you could use a bee for hive or you yourself could run for president.

5 Likes

gog is love. gog is life. he deserves it, he’s been gogging his whole life

2 Likes

gog is love. gog is life. he deserves it, he’s the number one gogger

1 Like

What did he even do tho

3 Likes

Just some random yt meme, and I agree, why elect someone who will be a relic of this age in 5 months?

4 Likes

Imagine gog not becoming president xD

1 Like

Ikr, the server would be so much better

3 Likes

:robot: :robot: :robot:
yeah this topic just seems so botted, and anyway i dont really think this is a good idea. As Tom said, it will be dead in 5 months.

8 Likes

I think this is a decent idea, but there are definitely a few problems with this.

1. Gog is just a random meme that’ll be dead in a few months. President should be either a dev or Cubee, in my opinion.
  2. Almost no one would do the quests after about the first week, so new players would likely never experience any of these new features.
  3. The cosmetic building shop would (likely) be almost impossible to implement, as custom costumes and hats would be a lot of data to save, and people would likely find a way to make inappropriate things that won’t be easy to identify/censor.
  4. Changing things at weekly intervals would be an incredible amount of work, to the point where normal updates would release much later than intended or Hive would have to hire significantly more people to get that running. Running a server is a lot more work than you might think.
7 Likes

Point one I kind of already said but I do agree with all the other points. Though there could be some sort of system where you have a campaign and get votes and make some hive approved quests and maybe hats. Idk but for sure gog should not be in hive.

3 Likes

I don’t think thats how it works, I am pretty sure they have different people in different areas.

Edit: nvm an ltm a week would be way too much

1 Like

Imagine, that Hive makes “gog” president (or prime minister, if you’re British). Four months or so afterwards, the meme dies and a forum post pops up saying “gog is irrelevant! please change president to (random future meme)” Once again three months pass and a post pops up and the cycle continues. We need something more permanent!

1 Like

So we can vote to make Technoblade the mayor and end Dante’s reign of terror?

Also I seriously think that if there was a campaign/voting system Evident would rule Hive with an iron fist.

I agree with all of the “Gog will die out in a few months” posts, and even if he didn’t, my only experience with gog so far has been on here with botted posts so I don’t really want him as president.

5 Likes

Yeah this is the first time I have heard of gog too. Also yes vote for techno.

2 Likes
  1. Gog is not going to die out in a few months.
  2. I never said custom cosmetics, the available hats and costumes would be predetermined, lowering the stress on the designers and the load of player data. Besides a cosmetic shop was just an example.
  3. Players won’t stop completing quests if the rewards are actually useful and fulfilling. The only reason people stop doing the current quests is because they are boring and do not provide a useful reward, as it can be obtained far easier from simply reporting cheaters.
  4. They don’t have to be big changes weekly, stuff like the cosmetic shop could be monthly goals, whereas the weekly goals would be slightly smaller, such as hub microgames, like Nemo Slap and Spleef, among other things. LTM’s would also fall under the same category, however considering they are literally still within the game files (because Hive isn’t dumb enough to delete them) they would not be hard to re-release frequently.
  5. This is not a botted post (insert skull emoji). Gog is simply the best choice for an example as its something the community resonates well with. It would also demonstrate that the Hive staff are in touch with their community, strengthening the player-staff relationship.
1 Like

You can’t guarantee that. Memes don’t stick around like Doge anymore.

The other gog post is full of bot replies though, and that leaves a bad first impression. If there is to be a Hive president I would much rather it be a new Mailbot model than a meme that has nothing to do with the actual server itself.

4 Likes