Give Ground Wars a home in an "Egg Games" microhub

Why?

Now, I know what all of you are thinking: “Moving Ground Wars to a microhub would make it get less players, just like it did in the arcade”. Well, here’s the thing. Even with Ground Wars being moved to the main hub, it still struggles to maintain a sizeable playerbase, barely getting over 100 players.

The main problem didn’t necesarrily stem from the game being in a different lobby alone, but the fact that the gameplay was still repetitive and stale. Not only that, but everyone can agree on the fact that the XP system is not good in its current state.

So, the solution I wish to present for Ground Wars would be to make playing it feel less like a chore by having it co-exist alongside other egg-based minigames that it shares a level and cosmetic system with. This will make it so there’s more variety in the number of smaller, more casual games like Ground Wars without making the main hub cluttered with small games that barely get any players. Simply updating the XP system won’t be enough to give it more attention in all honesty, and if Hive wants to give players more variety for small and casual minigames, they should do it in a way that doesn’t waste a spot for bigger games. Because, that’s kind of what Ground Wars feels like right now: a wasted space for a better game to take that spot instead.

Egg Games ideas:

Now for some ideas for games that could co-exist alongside Ground Wars.

Splegg was a classic minigame back on the Hive Java server. In my eyes, it would be a perfect fit for an egg-based game to co-exist with Ground Wars, especially since the Spleef hub game was removed along with the Arcade. Some of the power-ups from Ground Wars could even make it in to spice things up such as the Blindness Egg, Explosive Egg, and Knockback Egg. Maybe even some new ones such as speed could be added. Heck! Launch pads could even be added to the maps to make them more interesting.

One in the Chamber: Egg edition (Couldn’t think of a good name, sorry) This would work a lot like my One in the Chamber idea, but eggs would be the projectile of use (You can still use a bow to get extra range in this game). Again, the same power-ups could carry over from Ground Wars to make it more interesting. To be honest, every One in the Chamber feels kind of the same, and not a lot of servers do much to spice it up. But, Hive could make something unique out of this by having it as a more casual, less competitive version and having some fun maps to play on.

If you have any other ideas, feel free to list some of them down below. And of course, feedback is always appreciated.

Isnt one in the chamber just you run around attacking people in an enclosed space?
So just SG but more boring? And anyway cubecraftbalready has it and somehow has a higher playerbase even tho Hive is CLEARLEY better

2 Likes

You’re thinking of Lifeboat. CubeCraft doesn’t have One in the Chamber. Also, Hive had One in the Chamber on their Java server back when it was a thing.

2 Likes

in cubecraft’s minerware there is one in the chamber actually :beedance:

3 Likes

Well its probably a very stripped down version with a small map, and its not something you can actively choose to play.

2 Likes

EGG IN THE CHAMBER :beedance:

3 Likes

I agree, as a groundwars lover its really sad for me to just watch the game die. So i think this micro hub idea would be cool! I hope this add more attention to groundwars!

4 Likes

One in the chambegg

I honestly don’t know either

Anyway this is a great idea! I would love to play OIC and splegg. Voted!

2 Likes