GAY HUB TITLE bc yesness

Idea: “Gay” hub title

add a rainbow colored hub title called “Gay”

More information:

im not trying to be mean or offensive in any way i just NEED this (well i more want it but you get the point i want it rly badly)

Welcome to the forums!

Anyway there are people who don’t like gays from some reason

So the hub title could be The Proud with “proud” in rainbow letters

15 Likes

rainbow ice cream costume?

4 Likes

:thinking: How about just “Pride”? And it could be in rainbow letters!

12 Likes

I agree with @Centuwuria and @TallScissors938 that it should be “Pride” or someone like that because (even though homophobia is against the rules) some people would not like it and it is a very controversial topic

Also I think it shouldn’t be “Gay” cause that only supports part of the LGBTQ+ community and not the whole thing.

9 Likes

yeah and also a lot of young people play hive who think it’s funny and if it says, “Gay” they’re gonna be like “AAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA” because they use gay as an insult and make joke about the topic.

english 100

9 Likes

Yea all the 8 year olds wouldn’t really understand what it means and even if they did they might just spam chat with it and be like “There is a Hub Title that says it so why can’t I?”

1 Like

Please give constructive criticism instead of just saying you don’t like it or something

7 Likes

You have to give a reason not just assume stuff.

Let’s just end this here

1 Like

I love this idea for the fact that it promotes inclusion and diversity.

But on the other hand, I can see this being used as a joke, and users of that hub title being targetted/ made fun of.

also @HudsonDog59 that’s rude to an entire new level.

5 Likes

That’s why I deleted it

1 Like

I would like to see this added, but sadly I don’t think The Hive will as it has too much controversy. And @Arshle he realized that it sounded rude so he deleted it.

@mods maybe you could say something here about why it should/shouldn’t be added

4 Likes

I did. I just gave an argument and a counter argument as to why it should/shouldn’t be added.

and srry HudsonDog, but I just called you out on that bc imo that was VIOLENTLY RUDE.

Ngl I would love to see this added, but remember it will come with a price. Either noone uses it, or they get ridiculed for using it.
That’s how I believe it would go, but the hive community could still surprise me by happily accepting the new title, and letting users freely express their genders.

1 Like

sexuality*

ngl this sounds a bit controversial and I’ve seen a lot of people using the word gay as an insult (especially in the NA region) so I might probably not vote (I’m not homophobic please don’t attack me)

I agree with Centuria or Scissors though, a better alternative

5 Likes

I feel as if this should be locked but UHm yalls decision. I agree with the pride idea however. because i would fs gift that to my bi friends :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, as said, this would be cool, but I think it could become problematic if users started using this as a joke. It would be awesome to have a hub title that would promote diversity and acceptance, but I think this could be taken the wrong way by immature players, and may create some problems. Also, I don’t think it’s controversial at all to accept people for who they are and want to be :+1:

10 Likes

Idk, some people might hate me for this but yes, this hub title may cause SOME controversy such as people asking why The Hive as a business choose to “bias” gay people. People may think this because the gay community would be the only one with a hub title… Some may even make fun of those with it HOWEVER
This would perhaps be best if it was more subtle like some people above me had mentioned, as perhaps PROUD in rainbow, or UNIQUE in rainbow, but idek

I’M SORRY IF THIS COMES ACROSS RUDE TO SOME PEOPLE, IT’S NOT INTENDED THAT WAY… I’LL DELETE IT IF IT SOUNDS OFFENSIVE!

Hopefully that all makes sense

Also…

• This idea could work
  • Perhaps It’s better to not

0 voters

A decision, once and for all

How would this come across as being biased? It’s just one hub title :thinking:

I’ve seen really weird discussions about things that really shouldn’t be biased but people think they are, so might as well add a point like that :neutral_face: