Fire arrows. a counter to armour

So we all know the power of diamond armour. which is a huge step up from iron (iron grants 60% damage reduction while diamond grants 80%).

this means when someone gets a diamond armour. they pretty much gain 100% more HP than iron (while most players can only get chain). leading to the only counter to them is to make them fall off, too many arrows or a long hard fight.

so here is what im proposing. a type of arrow that does not deal any normal damage, but inflicts fire for 4 points of hp (2 heart). this ignores armour so that an unarmoured person will take the same damage as a full diamond person. so that normal arrows will be preferable against lower armoured peoples.

(also. spamming them at close range would not work well. as the damage is over time, could also be extinguished by the ponds)

i have two ways to go with this,
1st - is that the arrow is bought with emeralds, 8 for the price of 2. to make mid fights more interesting when someone beats the other to dia armour. as the losing side have a counter to their problems, making the control of mid more interesting

2nd - is that the arrow is bought with diamonds. 8 for the price of 4. as a special defense to remind those who rule mid that they are not That safe when falling off isnt a problem.

tell me your thoughts on this subject. as every feedback, positive or negative would help polish this idea and any fix flaws it may contain. i thank you for your time and have a great day.

please don’t add this i don’t want to play hive bedwars again

7 Likes

Welcome to the forums @Batuganda

2 Likes

There are no ponds in most, if not all of the treasure wars maps

3 Likes

Fire doesn’t do true damage(Damage that’s unaffected by armor). I think you want poison arrows. I’ve said this multiple times on the forums, and I’m gonna say it again; Fixing OP items by adding more OP items is not a good solution. This solution even buffs bows, which you could argue are already OP.

5 Likes

Interesting. i forgot if fire actually gets absorbed by armour or not. thanks for the feedback though. it is hard finding a balance. would a poison melee be better? here was my thoughts

people in diamond would probably be relatively skilled. if not fast. so when hit or fired upon, they should know how to react. this arrow would take at minimum around 6 hits and 20-25 seconds to kill someone.

would making it so that it does less or even no knockback work? or change it into a special or melee altogether?. thanks

also thanks @anon60761520 for the welcome. i appreciate it.

3 Likes

A poison wooden sword would actually be pretty balanced, as it wouldn’t block your screen with fire. 5 emeralds, or 10 diamonds maybe

6 Likes

It’s not that hard to get snowballs & bait people with dia armor to a bridge though. This is kind of unnecessary. Adaptconqueror’s idea of a poison sword would be interesting though

2 Likes

snowballs have been nerfed though so that they are slower.

1 Like

I do agree with this if it’s 10 diamonds, perhaps make a post about this then we can vote for it.

3 Likes

yo wassup @Batuganda i love your idea welcome to the forums

I think the idea of a poison wooden sword is pretty neat. and overall better than what i originally suggested. plus something to locate your diamonds into if diamond is chosen as the currency to buy it. i am still new this this, or honestly any forum so, i ask, should i change this post or make a new one on the TW-Suggest category?

now its going to the specification. what do you think will work best.

1. the currency and price. diamond or emeralds? (i personally think dia)

2. the damage or length of the poison.

3. the speed of the poison. I or II. has to do with dps

and thanks @Tdog for the welcome.

2 Likes

I’d say make a new post, probably make it cost dias. Idk about damage though, that would need playtesting

1 Like

nice, thanks. Will do

1 Like

poison wooden sword sounds great to me you could use it on a stacked
person like you use a fire aspect woodsword on skywars