Poisonous blade. A continuation of counter to armour

Alright. So on the last post, we thought of an idea to counter diamond armour, with its 80% damage reduction without bowspamming methods.
in here

And this is what we came up with. A Wooden sword that inflicts poison damage. This would deal low impact damage, which is easily absorbed by armour. But deals poison which isnt, so the damage will remain constant with players in or out of armour.

Now this is still in thought so feedbacks on the matter would be highly appreciated, especially if it adds up to perfect and polish the idea.
below the possible specifications that i thought of,

1. The price and currency (how expensive would it be and what will it be bought with? (Diamonds or emeralds?))

2. The damage and duration of the effect

3. The speed of the effect (Poison I or II)

As before. thank you for your time.

Iron and chain armour isn’t even that strong, and it would basically lower the value of armour if there was a poison sword that just bypasses the defence it gives.

1 Like

so basically a fire sword in TW?

2 Likes

I mean, it would be fairly expensive, and probably wouldn’t be more than 3 hearts total. It also adds more counterplay, which is always a good thing.

2 Likes

Well yes, chain and iron is a whole league below diamonds.

But heres what i hope. As the damage should be relatively constant, (chain will only get 1 heart plus a little each hit) (iron 1 heart or a little less).

To the point where using a normal sword would be more effective, heres what i mean.

A normal sword deals high impact (Variable) damage, with a high dps to unarmoured or low armoured opponents.

While this would deal low impact (Variable) damage and does a poison (Constant) damage which deals the same to unarmored or armoured alike.

The armour would easily absorb impact, nullyfing its effectiveness. Which means impact damage plummet the point after iron.

So heres where the poison comes in play, when the effectiveness of normal weapons plummet. A weapon that has a flatter curve of effectivity when faced with armour. I might do the math later on, for now i thank you for your feedback and i hope you might understand what i hoped for.

Also yes, this is like FA sword in SW, brialgic

3 Likes

Maybe but i still think dia armer is fine as it is

1 Like

It’s pretty balanced rn, but this is a better compromise than the people who want to remove it. It also adds more variety, and I don’t think it takes much away(unless it’s too op) as poison damage doesn’t stack

3 Likes

scatter-plot

test sword is wooden with poison II that deals 1 HP every 0,6 sec for 1,2 sec

sorry for the bright background. what do you think? the average damage will of course differ, and needs testing to find the right balance if it is to be added. thanks

edits
i think the poison speed or damage should be reduced.

4 Likes

so basically the chart shows that the poison sword is only actually effective against dia armor. if someone does not have dia, then using a dia sword would be better than poison

2 Likes

I like many people, think diamond armor is fine as it is. Also, if we used this sword on people without dia, it maybe become too op.

I do not think so. As the DPS is around the same as iron. And needs a decent amount of hits to kill anyone.

In its design. This shouldnt be better than the normal sword other than fighting tanks. (Personally i think diamond, is still quite hard to kill. When knock em off isnt an option)

Thanks for your feedback though

3 Likes

As long as it’s a poison 2 sword for 15 diamonds I’m onboard.

It’s the best compromise for those who think diamond armor should be removed and the rest of us.

1 Like

I mean, dia armor is mostly fine, but many people want it remove, and this would only add more diversity to the strategies of twars imo.

it is interesting how sometimes, a team camp mid while the other camp base. as walking the bridge means a death sentence. so the game basically ensues as a sort of trench warfare.

continuing on topic. on sw i think fire deals true damage, as my hp drops at a steady half/sec

honestly it shouldn’t be like where you hit someone with the poison sword and then swap to a iron/diamond sword, there should be a cancel with this.

shouldnt be much of a problem. as a 1 sec duration means it needs to be constantly renewed. unless maybe your on pc/console and can scroll in less than a sec?

do you have any ideas on how this could be solved? i’ll appreciate it : )

I’m bumping this as it would be better than adding fire swords to TW

It’s a good idea. But not sure whether it’s good for the game

Pls no we don’t need a “Fire sword” in TW