Death messages on gravestones

So when you are playing murder mystery, sometimes you will find gravestones. now there are ways of being killed, so i think there should be death messages on the gravestone so you can tell what’s going on. here are some examples: (all just suggestions, come up with a better message if you want)

‘they were killed by the murderer’ (being killed by the murderer)
'they were betrayed by a friend (being shot by an inno/sheriff)
‘they misjudged someone harshly’ (shooting an innocent/sheriff)
‘they gave up’ (leaving the game)

so the final message on the gravestone would be:
'here lies X. may they rest in peace. [insert one of the 4 messages from above]

this would be helpful to determine if the murderer is active or if they’re afk, to get a better idea of what’s going on. Often i find a gravestone, which i think means a murder, but then it turns out at the end that the murderer got 0 kills and i was being cautious for nothing.

ThanPixel also came up with this idea

1 Like

also, it doesn’t outright tell you who the murderer is, its intentionally vague so you can’t memorize skins in the lobby beforehand

2 Likes

People say they prefer not to snitch on the murd when they’re alive because it “takes the fun out of it”. I imagine this sort of thing would also be seen as “taking the fun out of it”.

1 Like

It wouldn’t tell you who the murderer is so it wouldn’t take the fun out of it c:

4 Likes

There will always be those people.

2 Likes

This is a great idea! I agree, when someone logs out I am always on edge thinking about who was near the gravestone, and who the murderer could be. Take my vote!

1 Like

Well, pixel’s similar thread was recently bunped, but I think this would be a much better solution than that idea, to keep it more of a mystery of who was killed & to not clog up chat

3 Likes

pixel was inspired by this thread i believe :)

1 Like

But, how often do you really click on gravestones?

quite often, gotta pay my respects

1 Like

I’d do so more often if this was added, that’s like asking how often you’d leap in DR if it only took you forward 1 block

1 Like

That’s the point he’s trying to make, it shouldn’t be easy to tell what happened, it’s already hard enough for the murderer, and giving that some use would be good.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure Hypixel has this already

I know this may be dumb but why would it take the fun out. Imagine If you witnessed a kill irl and called the police and they got mad at you for telling them who the criminal was.

Because thats irl and this is a videogame.

4 Likes

Hypixel gives people a randomized death message from a set that you can choose from as a customization, not anything special for how they died. Also, just because hypixel does something doesn’t mean that Hive can’t do it, hypixel doesn’t own death messages on gravestones

2 Likes

I know that’s irl but the logic of not revealing who the killer is when you witness is doesn’t sound right at all, they should have been sneakier, they should have been stealthier but instead they blindly kill someone without checking their surroundings

1 Like

BUMP
because this NEEDS to be added especially:

Otherwise you could mistake someone completely innocent of being the murderer if you saw them in the same room with the person who left the game

This would be so useful! It could be for the Sheriff only and be part of its gravestone inspection feature where it roughly tells you how long ago the player died. This feature isn’t really useful, but with these phrases added to it, it would be so much better.

1 Like