Dark mode on The Hive website, please

When I visit The Hive website in the evening or at night it feels like a flashbang exploding in my face everytime. I have dark mode enabled on every other website I visit frequently, so when I visit The Hive website it does hurt my eyes.

I’m sure it will be much appreciated by many if the dark mode option becomes available on The Hive website.

4 Likes

You got my vote! :+1:

2 Likes

Yes

Just yes

As a light mode enjoyer I am not sure what you are talking about

1 Like

yes please

F in chat for Twisted not knowing what he is missing out on

7 Likes

Just ignore it or report it, no need for a useless post.

Anyways, Dark Mode is amazing and saves my eyes from burning. If the forums have it—why not the main website?

(because I am a developer and stuff I just want to say that you can implement a working dark mode switch in less than 20 pieces of code give or take how much CSS you’d like)

You got my vote :+1:

1 Like

tbh light mode is still okay for me on the hive website, at least it is not as bright as discord’s light mode. But tbh, if I were to use the website at night, it will be kind of glaring so I guess dark mode could be useful to us at night.

I’m mostly a light mode user so I don’t really care tbh

I have a browser extension that makes every site dark mode so I never noticed the hive is light theme. I’ll vote anyway for the other people who want it

Best suggestion I’ve seen today. You got my vote :+1:

I personally prefer to keep my browser clean with almost no extensions installed. I’m probably weird I know but its just how I am :slight_smile:

I’ve also heard that many of the dark mode extensions are not optimized very well and they cause Chrome to use much higher than usual CPU usage. I like to use Chrome to listen to music while gaming so that kinda puts me off from installing a dark mode extension.

EDIT: Also wow. I had a feeling quite a few would vote for this suggestion… but 44 votes in less than 24 hours is kinda crazy lol

3 Likes

I’ll vote for this because, although I’m a light mode user, I know most people hate light mode, so I think dark mode would help people out a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This got 46 votes in 1 day that’s Insane

yep this is probably the only suggestion that received votes the quickly

Its because people want this to get added lol

I like this idea, 50th Vote!

4 Likes

We’ll probably adjust it further but dark is the default now.

20 Likes