Color Teleporter Coherence Improvement

Idea:

Change the message sent when attempting to use the Color Teleporter too late to, “You can’t teleport this long after the floor has fell.” or something along those lines.

More information:

The message you receive for attempting to use the Color Teleporter too late currently is the same as when you try to use it too early, “You can’t teleport without an active round.”
This message is contradicted by the fact that there still is an active round when the message is sent for using the teleporter too late. A contradiction like this can and has caused confusion of whether the Color Teleporter is meant to work or not.
I thought its behavior was a bug until Splodger replied that it wasn’t to someone’s bug report.
This change would make it much clearer that the color teleporter is meant to not work some time after the floor falls.

Links to false bug reports: Block Teleporters not working Teleporter glitch

What was your stance on the Color Teleporter not working shortly after the floor falls?

• I thought it was a bug
  • I thought it was intentional
  • I knew it was intentional
  • I didn’t notice it
  • I don’t play Block Party
0 voters

For comparison, what was your stance on the Color Teleporter not working before a round starts?

• I thought it was a bug
  • I thought it was intentional
  • I knew it was intentional
  • I didn’t notice it
  • I don’t play Block Party
0 voters

I still think this is relevant. This should be added. Users do not know an “active round” is as there isn’t a way to know. And the time limit for the active round is different everytime you finish one.

3 Likes